Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo, I had a ticking, figured out it was my number 3 spark plug getting ready to blow out. Caught it before it did but took the timesert with it. new time sert threads in but won't torque down at all like not even a ftlb. Sooooo I found a pair of windsor heads with 65k mi's for $150. (referred him to MM his username is BLK35th)

So my question is do I need to remove everything I would (besides left head of course) to do both heads for just the one side?

The heads are still assembled and everything so is it a straight forward swap job or are there clearances/specs/values that need to be checked?

Are there any special tools required? BTW I did a search and couldn't really find anything pertaining to one head change.

Any tips/tricks would be great! And of course if anyone in the local area wants to give me a hand it would be very much appreciated! never done this before and I'm pretty limited on tools so I'm a little worried. I'm plenty mechanically inclined however I don't have the experience on these motors.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
yeah, still need to take just about everything off just for one head, you might need the valve spring compressor to put the old valve springs on and make sure you put them back on the same place they were before... you'll need new head gasket, new head bolts, probably a timing cover gasket set unless yours is still really good, might as well take them both off and have them ported by somebody since all you'd need to do is take off the other head for the extra hp might as well make it worth your while...

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya well money is an issue right now. but I might just be doing that I'm not sure yet... I def. don't want to make it a rush job but I don't have a garage, only a driveway so it will be difficult to keep it going more than a couple days. Anyways though thanks for the help guys. if anyone else has any tips let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts