Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey if I am just posting something that has been posted a million times just send me a link please lol but if not my questions are these... how can I do the electrical when converting my 95 v6 to a carburated small block (havent decided on 302 or 351 yet) and keep my trans from the v6? I know I will need a gt rear end but as far as I can tell the gt's and v6 used the same transmission in the auto model in 95... I want to go carb and keep the trans I have so please any input would be great thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
what electrical are you speaking of? if you're going carbureted that eliminates the need for most of the electrical

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
i *think* you will need a control box for the trans but im not 100% other then that wiring will be really minimal

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm going to be doing a Swap very soon, 3.8l to 351w with a AODE, if your going carb and want to keep the AODE you need a Stand alone controler like one from baumannengineering

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my uncle was telling me it would be easier to just go to a c4 trans but i really dont think I want a 3 speed for a car i'd like to drive often as the gas mileage would be even worse and the motor would rev pretty high i would think

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well I guess I should have worded it different... i dont really care about getting gas mileage but the more i can get the better...my main concern really was if I went to a 3 speed if the motor would rev a lot higher during highway driving. but I didnt think a carbed 351 would get anything more than 8 mpg lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts