Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Id figure id makd this since I have decided that swapping to return style fuel is going to net me more power in an easier way
Things I'll need:
94-98 v6 fuel rails
A1000 fuel regulator
255lph walbro pump
Fuel pressure gauge
Extra fuel line for return
Fuel line adapter for tank
Drill hole in tank
I think that's it please feel free to add anything.else I might need
Also what fuel line size do I need?
And which type is needed? Rubber or aluminum braided?
03cristian

·
Wha...?
683 Posts
Not sure on the size, but I'm pretty sure the return line on mine is stainless hard line. If you wanted to run something a little more flexible, you could use just about anything rated for fuel. For size, I wouldn't recommend anything larger than 3/8", and that may be a little large...

I am doing my exhaust this weekend and can measure my return line diameter, bu I'm sure someone else will chime in and offer more info before then...

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure on the size, but I'm pretty sure the return line on mine is stainless hard line. If you wanted to run something a little more flexible, you could use just about anything rated for fuel. For size, I wouldn't recommend anything larger than 3/8", and that may be a little large...

I am doing my exhaust this weekend and can measure my return line diameter, bu I'm sure someone else will chime in and offer more info before then...
Yeah let me know please
so is 1/4" a bad idea?
Whats the stock size

03cristian

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What fuel regulator do ya recommend for my turbo set up?
Any particular brand?

03cristian

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
If going return. Us a 98 hat with the current feed line as the return and run, I believe a 8 AN line from hat to rail.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If going return. Us a 98 hat with the current feed line as the return and run, I believe a 8 AN line from hat to rail.
So you're saying I won't need an extra return line?

03cristian

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
Agreed. Also, you don't necessarily need an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator. The stock regulator is 1:1.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
stock feed - as return.
run bigger feed line
boost ref regulator
keep the frps for tuning

I'm working on doing this but haven't had time to, but i'll document it down to the clamp and bolt soon.

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Yeah christian see...no worries..plenty of help and all I have to do is find the time and I was going to do a write up as well... I really wanted to stay returnless originally but its an easy choice..you know youre gonna want more and more out of that car as you go so may as well cover your bases.. W my setup its a must.. I wont be doing the hat tho ill just be putting a fitting on tank.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
stock feed - as return.
run bigger feed line
boost ref regulator
keep the frps for tuning

I'm working on doing this but haven't had time to, but i'll document it down to the clamp and bolt soon.
Whats the frps?

03cristian

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fuel rail pressure sensor.

And are you going to a single port set up ?

Otherwise the fuel rail will not work IIRC... injectors go into the heads different.
I thought they did go in same spot, and no i'm doing it because i'm gonna stay split port with Turbo

03cristian

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I've been looking to see if the 98 fuel rail will bolt up to my car and it won't
Anyone know if a 97-99f150 v6 fuel rail will?
I thought I read somewhere that it did but I can't find it

03cristian

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah christian see...no worries..plenty of help and all I have to do is find the time and I was going to do a write up as well... I really wanted to stay returnless originally but its an easy choice..you know youre gonna want more and more out of that car as you go so may as well cover your bases.. W my setup its a must.. I wont be doing the hat tho ill just be putting a fitting on tank.
Yeah I'll be doing what you're doing and just do a fitting

03cristian

·
Wha...?
683 Posts
My factory size is 1/4", so whatever that is in -AN(-4 I believe). For FI I would stick with the -6AN(3/8" tubing size).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts