Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else pull it out and notice nearly no negative side effects? I just yanked mine yesterday. As far as I can tell the car's handling is only been diminished slightly for the way I drive in the turns, can feel a little more squat over the rear tires and she has a tendency to understeer a little more, but overall if you're into straight line...take that bitch out. Next thing I'm getting after the clutch will be the delete to get the rest of the weight benefit from having the sway bar gone.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Yeah it's definitely amazing for weight transfer. It does transfer weight side to side very poorly in the corners as well. When I first took mine off I thought to myself this isn't that bad. When I eventually put it back on I was amazed at how much of a difference it really did make.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine won't find it's way back on my car. I'm more of a straight line kind of guy. Don't get me wrong turning fast is fun...but I'd rather have the straight line benefit and sacrifice a little bit of the handling.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They can; yes. Just one thing like that won't make a significant difference in a 60' time, but it helps nonetheless. It's more of a combined effort with your suspension, tires, and driver mod.
Tires were covered in the 1st outting, suspension will be covered for the next track appearance...the driver mod...well that's gonna take some time so any little things I can do to the car to help it help me will make more than just a little difference for me. I agree with it won't help THAT much, getting the most out of this is ultimately up to what I can do.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Exactly. Every little bit counts in the long run. I refuse to take my car to the track without some better rubber. Last thing I want is it being put sideways into a wall becasue the tires can't hold up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The stock strut tower brace is a freaking boat anchor, I can tell you that. I've been giving mine the stink eye ever since I got the car, as looking at the thing, it definitely looks H-E-A-V-Y. Sure as ****, when I pulled it off to install the Boss intake, I weighed the fugger, and it's 10-freaking-pounds! I remember installing a titanium one an Evo 9 I used to race, and it weighed all of 2 pounds. I can't seem to find one for the Mustang however. I think it's because the majority of Mustang enthusiasts are more into 1/4 miles than track driving, so there's not a huge call for 'em. I've found some aluminum ones however, so I'll probably be able to still save 5 pounds off it.
You guys that pulled your sways should definitely pull your strut tower braces. You gotta push the car pretty hard in corners to get any benefit out of 'em. More so than you can really do on the street in any event.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts