Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i was wondering what would cause the sway bar to hit the oil pan,the car i just bought has aftermarket (looks like energy susp.)bushings,it also has 17"cobra rims,i think the length of the bolts on both ends have something to do with it,i could be way off,any help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
sway bar ? what's that ? ohh it must be the first thing i toss in the trash when i'm building a stang

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
i have lowering springs and i can tell theres a little bit of body roll, but not enough to concern me. driving sloppy i wouldnt say so. it helps when launching the car.

·
Registered
301 Posts
but if we like to drift... keep it on right?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
for dragracing toss it, for everything else keep it on

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i drive my car all the time, and i have 3 inch skinnys and i never run a front sway bar , but i have enough common sense not to try to corner like i'm driving a formula 1 car either

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
do you guys think that the bolts that are attached to the ends are too long,if i shorten them i will have more room in front of the pan,right now theres only 1/2" or so,maby the kid that had it befor me put the wrong stuff on?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
can someone tell me normally how far the sway bar should be from the front of the pan with the car on the ground?

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
car ever in a wreck?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts