Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Never go ass to mouth.
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after my New Edge got totaled, I bought a 2007 vert, with full bolt-ons from a friend, for a very good price. I had sold all the aftermarket and some OEM parts off the New Edge, including the engine(forged internals and everything) then scrapped the rest.
So with the money from all that plus the insurance check... I still had a decent hunk of change left after buying the 07.

So naturally... I hopped on craigslist to look for a quick project, until I figure out what the hell to do with the 07. (Not sure if I want to leave it as is performance-wise and use it as the DD...or boost the hell out of it.)

Anyways... I came across a 1994 BMW 540i for $1,000
I had always been curious about euro V8s. So I decided to go check it out.

It wasn't anything pretty... Paint severely oxidized from the desert climate. Fine scratches everywhere. Trim pieces and lights missing. Interior showing lots of wear. Shocks worn out. Bushings dry rotted to ****. Some minor electrical issues and some seeping fluids. But other than that... The engine and trans were solid. Needing nothing more than a good tune up. Shoe box of service records in the back seat and brand new tires were also included. (Though they are fat and ugly, but hey, free set of Pirelli's)

Haven't torn too far into her yet.
So far I have:
Replaced the missing turn signals and left running light.
Replaced cracked vacuum lines and intake gaskets.
Replaced power steering line(leaked horribly)
Normal tune up (Spark plugs, fluids, filters, etc.)
Inspected wiring,fusible links, relays, etc.
Tested charging and electrical system components.
Replaced the thermostat and flushed the cooling system.
Upgraded the old worn out brakes.

Bunch of small **** basically.
Paint/body work is next on the list. After suspension work. Just waiting until I track down the rest of the trim pieces.

Looks like ****...but she's just a diamond in the rough.

·
Never go ass to mouth.
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably will. The beamer is just a quick flip. Hell just the way it sits, I could sell it for 3-4 times what I payed for it all day long.

·
Never go ass to mouth.
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eh... shocks, bushings, paint, a few trim pieces, and a hardcore interior detail. Muffler delete. Maybe a 7series LSD swap. Then she'll probably be done. And I can sell her for enough to piece together a turbo kit for the 07

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Eh, not too much work at all. Getting my New Edge running and looking right was a lot of work. This is just a bunch of small ****. The biggest thing will be paint. But the return on investment will be pretty good. I'll have this thing gone in a month. Just wanted to do something different before building my 3rd Mustang, ya feel me?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
id build a track or show car outta it but hey, its all good. you can do the same with the mustang lol. I'm a fan of beamers, also fords. if you get it all together and can't get it sold you can always shoot me a PM lol

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
Eh... shocks, bushings, paint, a few trim pieces, and a hardcore interior detail. Muffler delete. Maybe a 7series LSD swap. Then she'll probably be done. And I can sell her for enough to piece together a turbo kit for the 07

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Eh, not too much work at all. Getting my New Edge running and looking right was a lot of work. This is just a bunch of small ****. The biggest thing will be paint. But the return on investment will be pretty good. I'll have this thing gone in a month. Just wanted to do something different before building my 3rd Mustang, ya feel me?
thats like wanting to **** a dude before you go back to women you faggot

although i wouldnt blame you after the bundle of bitch that was gas station girl

·
Never go ass to mouth.
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:lmao

---------- Post added July 27th, 2014 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was July 26th, 2014 at 11:51 PM ----------

id build a track or show car outta it but hey, its all good. you can do the same with the mustang lol. I'm a fan of beamers, also fords. if you get it all together and can't get it sold you can always shoot me a PM lol
Part of me has been tempted to build a drift or autocross car out of it. I've seen a lot of guys run upgraded 5 series BMWs for those types of events and they are killer. Even with worn out stock suspension, this thing handles and corners better at speed than a lot of cars I've driven. The 32V 4.0 M60 engine is torque as hell and the 5HP30 is one of the best auto transmissions I've had the privilege of using. The shift points in sport modes 2 and 3 are perfect. And manual mode is flawless. And the kickdown function on the electronic throttle makes for great acceleration.

I sound like a ****ing brochure right now :lol

It would be cool to build it for the track, and then build the 07 for the strip. Because 2 race cars :piss2:

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

Plus... Bitches love BMWs :shiftyeyes

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
lol thats the truth^^^

theres a track day at my area and the owner of the track has that exact same car it looks like and he drifts the crap outta that thing.. of course its gutted and what not but its still a blast to ride with him... he also just got sponsored by monster which it pretty cool... i get free stuff every time i show up lol

·
Never go ass to mouth.
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pretty sure I posted a few in the DC. And a bunch on Snapchat. Haven't gotten around to giving her a proper detail and photoshoot yet like she deserves so a full set of pics hasn't been posted yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts