Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best thing to do to remove swirl marks from black paint i cant stand it anymore it needs to go

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
To do it effectively without killing yourself. You will need a Dual Action Polisher. Combine that with 3 different grade of polishing/cutting foam pads. and 2 to 3 different polishes or compounds and you can make your paint like new.

Youll do a 3 step polish. After washing, drying, and claying your car....
-Youll go over the whole car with a compound and and agressive foam pad. This will cut out your swirls and defects and will hazeup your paint a bit.
-After that youll polish it back to a shine with a medium polish and polishing pad.
-After that youll final polish the car with a final polish and finishing pad, this will get rid of any polishing marks made from correcting the paint. Final polishing isnt always completely necessary but on black, it is.

Here are my recommendations on products.....
Meguires 105
Meguires 205
Menzerna PO85RD

And i use Buff n Shine pads, they are great and not expensive.

Youre in for some work, prepare yourself lol.

The above products are what i use and this is what they are capable of....

This is my daily driver, Green 96 corolla, oxidized and scratched paint are no match for Meguires compounds/polishes

Untitled by ModdedMach, on Flickr

Reactions: 93Mustang

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I am not thread jacking but i am gonna place an order on CG and what are some good polishes from them and what order do i use em in

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
I am not thread jacking but i am gonna place an order on CG and what are some good polishes from them and what order do i use em in
PM me, i have 3 grades of polishes from CG that i dont use, i can sell them to you alot cheaper than they will. They are all pretty much brand new. We will also talk about what youre trying to do and if CG is the way to go lol.

Hit me up.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i knew it was gonna involve a lot of work but they want like 400$ for a paint correction so im gonna do it myself

hopefully mine comes out as good as that picture that looks 100x better.. thanks for the info man i appreciate it

·
Registered
468 Posts
Waiting to purchase M105 and M205

Along with BFWD

I also need to get some pads!

I have the Meguiars Microfiber DA kit.. It works but not for anything to complicated..

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
well i knew it was gonna involve a lot of work but they want like 400$ for a paint correction so im gonna do it myself

hopefully mine comes out as good as that picture that looks 100x better.. thanks for the info man i appreciate it
The funny thing is, that picture looks good because it was SOO bad to start. My mustangs paint looks 100x better than the GOOD side of that corolla, i just whipped that up in about 15 mins.

And be prepared to spend 300-400 dollars anyway on all the equipment, products, pads, microfibers ect. The difference is, when you are done, youll still have all the goodies left over to be able to do it again.

There you go lol.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Personally I like CarPro Fixer as my compound/polish and use different pads. Depending on how bad your paint is you might have to go w/ the m105 m205 route. But definately finish w/ po85rd. Don't forget to put on a good quality LSP on afterwards. Get a Griot's Garage DA w/ pads here http://www.detailersdomain.com/Griots-Garage-6-inch-Random-Orbital-Polisher-Base-Kit_p_683.html . All other products can be had here https://www.autoality.com/store/pc/home.asp .
Just a fair warning once you start detailing, you hooked. Welcome to the addiction. :lol

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Personally I like CarPro Fixer as my compound/polish and use different pads. Depending on how bad your paint is you might have to go w/ the m105 m205 route. But definately finish w/ po85rd. Don't forget to put on a good quality LSP on afterwards. Get a Griot's Garage DA w/ pads here http://www.detailersdomain.com/Griots-Garage-6-inch-Random-Orbital-Polisher-Base-Kit_p_683.html . All other products can be had here https://www.autoality.com/store/pc/home.asp .
Just a fair warning once you start detailing, you hooked. Welcome to the addiction. :lol
I think carpro fixer would probably be fine on most any lighter colors. Just depends on how hard your paint is.

When my 105 is gone i wanna look into a Menzerna Compound, I would like to eventually use all menzerna, but the crap is PRICEY lol. I just got a great deal on M205 from DC, and have lots of 105 and 85rd left.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Works real well on warm colors as well. Went over mine in an afternoon and did wonders. Can't wait to go all out on it in the spring, Fixer on orange than green followed by po85rd on blue. Just as long as your paint isn't totoally trashed should be all you need. And of course mine isn't. lol AG had a BOGO for blackfriday, when I went to pick up Dodo Banana Armor. Last order w/ AG btw. AA/DC from now on. :bubba:

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Works real well on warm colors as well. Went over mine in an afternoon and did wonders. Can't wait to go all out on it in the spring, Fixer on orange than green followed by po85rd on blue. Just as long as your paint isn't totoally trashed should be all you need. And of course mine isn't. lol AG had a BOGO for blackfriday, when I went to pick up Dodo Banana Armor. Last order w/ AG btw. AA/DC from now on. :bubba:
Shame on you lol. AA/DC for the win.

Autogeek has or had fixer on bogo yesterday
But you didnt but any right, cause youre done with AG.....RIGHT? lol

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
lol can't be done with ag, dc/aa don't carry the juice!
autogeek's only real deals are their bogos, and sometimes you have to have them price match their bogos. lol

forever ago I got sonax wheel cleaner on bogo for like 8 a bottle

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Shame on you lol. AA/DC for the win.

But you didnt but any right, cause youre done with AG.....RIGHT? lol
autogeek's only real deals are their bogos, and sometimes you have to have them price match their bogos. lol

did ag bogo dodo?!
My last order w/ AG. AA/DC doesn't carry th e Dodo so couldn't pass up the deal this weekend 15% off w/ free shipping. And yes I picked up the Fixer on BOGO. Besides AA is out of stock on Fixer so I couldn't buy it if I wanted. Can't wait to try Banana Armor under Orange Crush. Is it spring yet? :lol

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts

Thats true, i guess ill have to get dodo from AG when i decide to try it.

Im pretty stoked about my return to Petes 53, i love the stuff. I REALLY wanna try supernatural and Zymol Glasur but talk about pricey.

My last order w/ AG. AA/DC doesn't carry th e Dodo so couldn't pass up the deal this weekend 15% off w/ free shipping. And yes I picked up the Fixer on BOGO. Besides AA is out of stock on Fixer so I couldn't buy it if I wanted. Can't wait to try Banana Armor under Orange Crush. Is it spring yet? :lol
The only black friday thing i did was the 1/2 price membership with DC, then ordered some stuff with my discount. Got a STUPID deal on Pete's 53.

I think a hard wax like blue velvet topped with Pete's would be a pretty cool combo.

Tomorrow is cyber monday, maybe ill burn some more money lol.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I love Pete's as well. I'm hopeing the hard under soft will be good for the durability and look amazing since it is formulated for warm colours. < Oh no I'm turning into a Brit. :lol
Never mind on the durabilty, I love waxing my girl :love

1 - 20 of 65 Posts