Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MM Addict
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so today i put my a/c , heat panel back on and everything checked out okay once i got everything hooked up correctly, but however when i go to turn the knob from a/c to heat it dont do anything and i noticed their was a cable that ran up behind that knob but their is a broke piece where it looked like it was suppose to mount up to the knob so when u turn it , it pulls the cable. just curious is their any way else i could engage the heat manually ?

·
Registered
346 Posts
The plastic piece that holds the cable to the knob broke? When I bought my car three years ago the same piece was broke. I don't think you can buy those pieces anymore. For some reason my cable is really hard to pull, I tried gorilla glue to put the piece back together and put the cable back on but I couldn't turn the knob. For now I keep a small pair of pliers in my glove box to and torx bits to take the hvac controls out and use the pliers to pull and push the wire of the cable for hot or cold, lol. It sucks to have to do that, but it does work.

·
MM Addict
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The plastic piece that holds the cable to the knob broke? When I bought my car three years ago the same piece was broke. I don't think you can buy those pieces anymore. For some reason my cable is really hard to pull, I tried gorilla glue to put the piece back together and put the cable back on but I couldn't turn the knob. For now I keep a small pair of pliers in my glove box to and torx bits to take the hvac controls out and use the pliers to pull and push the wire of the cable for hot or cold, lol. It sucks to have to do that, but it does work.
so to get the heat to work do i push or pull the heck out of that wire lol yeah the plastic piece broke

·
Registered
346 Posts
I believe you have to push the cable in all the way. My car is in storage right now, but iirc the heat is on the right side of the knob.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yeah, mine never moved.

Reactions: JuicedFisher
1 - 8 of 8 Posts