Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at switching to e85. Can you guys give me and pros and cons? Should I see a descent increase in power? Car has built bottom end cobra jet oil pump gears and 2.9L whipple. Thanks in advanced

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
How easy is it to get e85 in your area. Also you have to test it before every fill up which is a hassle. What size injectors are you running. Also what fuel pumps or boost a pump are you using? You'll make more power for sure. Your mpg will go down but I doubt that matters based on your previous thread.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How easy is it to get e85 in your area. Also you have to test it before every fill up which is a hassle. What size injectors are you running. Also what fuel pumps or boost a pump are you using? You'll make more power for sure. Your mpg will go down but I doubt that matters based on your previous thread.
Currently running twin 465 walbros. Have ID725s but will upgrade to ID1000s. There's a shop that orders c85 from VP so I would get the fuel through them.

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
I'm looking at switching to e85. Can you guys give me and pros and cons? Should I see a descent increase in power? Car has built bottom end cobra jet oil pump gears and 2.9L whipple. Thanks in advanced
Pros:
1.) More power
2.) Ability to run more timing while still being safe
3.) Smell???
4.) $/Gal is good for the fuel you are receiving

Cons:
1.) MPG goes down
2.) Possibly smell, that's opinionated really.

You will notice a damn nice gain from switching to E85. Just make sure you have stations local and map out your drives if you know you're gonna be going through more than one tank of gas.

Just saw you're getting C85. Very nice, it's gonna be much more consistent of an ethanol content than what you'll receive from a pump.

·
A Zombie
634 Posts
I don't see the point, might as well just buy good gas. Price is about the same and you won't need the bigger fuel system parts. I see no appreciable power difference between the two.
Uh wut.....there has been big proven difference in power gains and safety when using e85

1 - 9 of 9 Posts