Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I posted about my vortech failing. I contacted Vortech and they game me a minimum quote of $700 to get it rebuilt. Im now considering switching to KB, but im not sure what parts i need besides the supercharger, which is about $1900. I have the following
90mm MAF
Ford GT fuel pump
TR6 plugs
42# injectors
75mm Throttle body and plenum
Xcal 3
mini race BOV
I also have a procharger A/A intercooler but i dont think i can use it with the KB

I dont know if i need a boost a pump or any other parts to make the switch. help me out!!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Call Kenne and see if with the parts you have if the supercharger will fit. I'm pretty sure the ford gt fuel pump will work so you won't need the boos a pump.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
what you doing with ur vortech stuff?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what KB are you getting for $1900? what is included? this must be used because you not getting it new for that price and you can't buy seperate parts from KB. even if you got autorotor to sell you the blower you still need te intake/intercooler,brackets/idler system etc
I went to KB's website and in the price list it states that "supercharger only" is $1899, nothing else. I guess no intake!!

as far as my vortech stuff, im not sure what i will do with it yet.

http://www.kennebell.net/pricelist/SC-PRICELIST.pdf

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
what KB are you getting for $1900? what is included? this must be used because you not getting it new for that price and you can't buy seperate parts from KB. even if you got autorotor to sell you the blower you still need te intake/intercooler,brackets/idler system etc
Limited is right on the money. Full kit will run around 6K. Best 6K I ever spent though

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I went to KB's website and in the price list it states that "supercharger only" is $1899, nothing else. I guess no intake!!

as far as my vortech stuff, im not sure what i will do with it yet.

http://www.kennebell.net/pricelist/SC-PRICELIST.pdf
Yes, that is just basically the case/rotors/endplates. I also believe they won't sell it outright,that is the cost for a new one if the one you sent in for repair is deemed unrepairable

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
well let me know what u wanna do with ur vortech stuff.. i may be interested in some parts:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.