Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone changed out there halogen bulbs for the sylvana silverstar ultra halogens? part # 9007su-2 acording to the advertisment they look like there about as bright as HID's so i figured id come and ask you guys to see if anyones used them or if there just plain shity?

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
they can't be as bright as hids... they don't draw enough power to light up like that...

and i have not used them... i think ... they might be what i have in... what ever is in my car though sucks

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Nothing but HID's will be as bright as HID's. Until they invent something else that is....

Thats because HIDs use a Ballast almost like what is found in a Fluroscent light. It takes the power, amplifies/changes it, and then sends it to the bulb to create the high light output.

Thoese will probably be a little better than stock bulbs, but not really a great improvement.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
i think hid r ilegal in P.R...dammit

i hate the damn yellow light i cant see a damn thing 30 ft away... if some1 walks in fornt of the car they r dead for sure.. prius for night driving ftl!

and nothing is as bright as hid's :p

·
Registered
897 Posts
ya dude i have them and they dident help anything i realy dident even notice any diff the only reason i have them is because my freind had an extra pair lying around and i changed them deff save ur money for the HIDs

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
i think hid r ilegal in P.R...dammit

i hate the damn yellow light i cant see a damn thing 30 ft away... if some1 walks in fornt of the car they r dead for sure.. prius for night driving ftl!

and nothing is as bright as hid's :p
i don't think hid's r ilegal, because then a lot of bmw's and other high end
cars would be ilegal. what probaly is ilegal is hid kits. because thos are
what make the Retardedly bright lights. This is a result of HID kits not being
real HID because to run a really one you also need proper headlights.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
i don't think hid's r ilegal, because then a lot of bmw's and other high end
cars would be ilegal. what probaly is ilegal is hid kits. because thos are
what make the Retardedly bright lights. This is a result of HID kits not being
real HID because to run a really one you also need proper headlights.
ok so where could i find the proper head lights?

i want hid but then i like the stock head lights any recomendations

·
Registered
92 Posts
Installing HID's into a vehicle not originally equipped with them from the factory is technically illegal.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
^ in some states :) not all
in all states it is illegal unless you have an HID reflecting lenses its not the HIDs that are illegal it is that the light pattern isn't focused in the right place so it is the same as not having properly working headlights.
The silver star ultras are more white that your standard bulb and they are quite a bit brighter I like them

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
in all states it is illegal unless you have an HID reflecting lenses its not the HIDs that are illegal it is that the light pattern isn't focused in the right place so it is the same as not having properly working headlights.
The silver star ultras are more white that your standard bulb and they are quite a bit brighter I like them
+1 i like em a lot better over stock bulbs

·
Registered
247 Posts
i wish i read this earlier i just changed my silverstar ultras to hid yesterday. i could have done a side by side comparison. but anyways the hids are way brighter and worth the money in my opinion. ill try getting a pic up tomorrow of the hids but yea definitely way brighter. i got mine for 75 bucks from ebay and they work great. easy install just plug and play. took me like 30 minutes to install.

·
Registered
730 Posts
i changed my stock bulbs to ultras and i noticed a wider light span + they are brighter white color when looking at them from outside, almost blinding when standing straight infront of car at night. plus my stock headlights are foged up as hell from the outside. My new euro chromed clear corner headlights are comin in this tuesday with stealth turn signal bulbs. Cant wait to see what it looks like with stealth bulbs and the ultras. and how much difference the ultras will make on brand new headlights with chromed out housing.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
i would just look on ebay for some of their blue one's the ones i had actually helped a good bit.
just make sure you have wattage close to the factory's so you don't burn up your wiring harness like i did :lol
but their a lot cheaper than silvertars and actually help out a lot better from what i've seen

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
i would just look on ebay for some of their blue one's the ones i had actually helped a good bit.
just make sure you have wattage close to the factory's so you don't burn up your wiring harness like i did :lol
but their a lot cheaper than silvertars and actually help out a lot better from what i've seen
i got the cheapos one time too and they werent worth a ****

1 - 20 of 30 Posts