Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past my car seemed to have trouble getting into third gear. first i thought i just had a shitty shifter and switched from hurst to i dont remember the name of it but it was pretty good. For about a month it went in fine and when i would be racing or just getting on it in 2nd and shifting into third as fast as i could it would go in fine no problems. Then, third gear started to be a problem again and sometimes it would go in and most of the time it seemed to block me out of third when i would be trying to get into it. This is only at WOT, daily driving its not a problem at all. So i changed shifters again because i didnt really like the other one and switched to MGW(its been in since the middle of just this past summer) and i love it. The past couple days it seems the third gear problem has come back. this morning i got on it and it completely blocked me out. Today,i tried about 4 times getting on it in 2nd and shifting into 3rd and only one time out of the 4 it went into third. What could be the problem? Eliminate the driver part because thats not the problem, i know there is something wrong. I've also tried to push the clutch in for one second and then shifting and it "blocks" me out. I want to say, it wants to push the shifter to the left (into first gear) any thoughts? This is only happens at WOT, from 2nd to 3rd. all other gears are fine.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
See my post in the other thread you started in the 99-04 section.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts