Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i need an oil change so I'm thinking about switching to fully synthetic oil. Royal Purple. you think theres something else I should know before I change it.:cool:

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I always run full synthetics in my car. Mobil 1, Amsoil, RP, and Redline all make good stuff. I would run any of those.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
royal purple is so expensive. Mobile 1 10-30 FTW ...unless you live somewhere cold then maybe 0W-30

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
+1 on RP being expensive. Only place I can get it is Napa, and they want like $8/quart. I can get 6-packs of Mobil 1 quarts at Costco for under $30, and I can get 5 quart jugs of it at WalMart for closer to $20.

I know WalMart has a nasty habit of encouraging producers to rebrand a cheaper product as their own to sell there, but near as I can tell, the WalMart Mobil 1 seems to be the same stuff they sell everywhere else. I may hate the place, but it's hard to argue with the price.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mobil 1 5w-30 every 5000 miles, my dad has swore by that stuff for many years. His 86 Aerostar had 285K on it when it was sold and it's still running. My 96 Bronco has 155K on it with absolutely no chatter upon start-up. Mobil 1 was originally designed for the space shuttle, it's gotta be good enough for our cars.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
until somebody shows me convincing evidence that royal purple is worth teh extra 2 dollars per quart, im goin to say it is a waste of money and just go with mobil 1 or castrol syntec

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have been using Mobile 1 10W 30 in my 5.0, 5W 30 in my 4.6. I think that it is a great product. I also have a mercedes and the dealership even uses it. They use the Mobile 1 ESP oil which I have not even heard of before I got the benz.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
+1 on RP being expensive. Only place I can get it is Napa, and they want like $8/quart. I can get 6-packs of Mobil 1 quarts at Costco for under $30, and I can get 5 quart jugs of it at WalMart for closer to $20.

I know WalMart has a nasty habit of encouraging producers to rebrand a cheaper product as their own to sell there, but near as I can tell, the WalMart Mobil 1 seems to be the same stuff they sell everywhere else. I may hate the place, but it's hard to argue with the price.

+1 on that i work there and i hate it too LOL but i get a discount from the bastards so i guess that's alright:rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts