Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How makes a good aftermarket 3650? Im going to be changing my clutch this winter and thinking about putting a stronger trans in as long as i have it out.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
there is a place i believe it is called d&d transmission not sure on the name though, but they make a way better rebuild kit it cost about 800 bucks.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im either putting a t45 or t3650. dont want a 6sp for drag racing

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Pro motion is awesome. My new tranny shifts x100 times better than the stock one did before it crapped out. So smooth!

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
How do you choose which reconditioned transmission to buy..

ProMotion Powertrain

If im reading that correctly, the t45 and 3650 are rated at same power, but the t45 is cheaper and said to shift smoother.

thoughts?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
+1, unless you are road-racing, just like shifting gears, or want bragging rights, there's no need for a 6-speed in these cars...

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
check out MMR.. they have deals where you send it in and they build it to certain stages. and the prices aren't bad. i'm gonna send mine in and get a 26 spline input shaft and the rest beefed up pretty soon

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts

·
Banned
491 Posts
T45 FAILS.. that TR3650 is much better and can handle what ever you will be throwing at it.. if you start making 700whp go get a built auto.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
T45 FAILS.. that TR3650 is much better and can handle what ever you will be throwing at it.. if you start making 700whp go get a built auto.
When I get a new car and put this car to full time drag it will be a pushrod engine with a liberty clutchless 4 spd. so i dont plan on makeing 700whp for a long time.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
How do you choose which reconditioned transmission to buy..

ProMotion Powertrain

If im reading that correctly, the t45 and 3650 are rated at same power, but the t45 is cheaper and said to shift smoother.

thoughts?
Get the 3650 imo, i upgraded from the t-45. They are both built up, but the 3650 is newer technology. I asked them what they would recommended. And when spending 2,000 dollars, what is a few hundred on top of it for a better tranny?

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Why is a 6 speed bad for drag racing? Isn't the extra gear (3650 vs t-56) just between the 4th and 5th gears of a 3650 so you don't fall on your face like you do with the 3650?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if a 3650 car is set up right, u should be in 4 gear on the shift as u cross the line. if u have to go into 5th were that problem is, then your car isnt set up correctly. with a 6 speed u have wasted time in shifting, unless its set up for speed shifting

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
^ I have no idea what you just said, haha

If the 3650 and the t56 share the same gear ratios for 1st-4th gear, why would it matter about the other gear or two since you shouldn't be past 4th gear anyway?

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
+1, unless you are road-racing, just like shifting gears, or want bragging rights, there's no need for a 6-speed in these cars...
You pepes don't know what up with a good ratio for T-56 :no ;)

I would probably recommend a T-45 for the OP, but would ask others to take a closer look at what the T-56 has to offer in the way of gear ratios. My #1260 eliminated 100% of the f'd up gap between 4th~5th of my previous T-3650 in my Saleen (same gap as the T-5 and T-45, for that matter) and the overly low 1st gear so is a WONDERFUL upgrade for the street. As for the track, if I were to install very low gears, such as 4:10's or 4:30's, as one would probably go anyway for a 1/4 mile ride, the T-56 will cause ZERO ill effects on the launch pad and be benificial on the street :yes

Again... there is no use for the #1260 for 1/4 mile only, but fantastic if for the street or both. Check the T-56 out as there are SEVERAL gear ratios available.

Jazzer... pimpin' the good sheet on the knowledge tip :cool:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have 2 functioning 3650's if anyone wants one.:cool:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts