Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
We replaced the cable and quadrant in our 98 GT and unfortunately we still have a slight grind going into third gear. This makes me think we have a syncronizer problem. Would it be better to have somplace like AAmco rebuild it or a recommended vender on this board? I don't think the car is worth upgrading to a T-56. Please give me your opinions. I will be making calls today to get prices for rebuilds today.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
You may be able to pick up a used one from MPS or ebay/ craigslist for cheaper than your rebuild cost would be. Especially if your not looking to make it stronger or are not willing to fork out the cash for a better tranny.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've called local salvage yards and it appears the going rate for a used tranny is about $800. Seems high to me, or am I wrong? The engine is pretty worn, so I'm not looking to sink tons of money into it. The TO bearing is making noise and we have the grinding issue. As of yesterday, we have another issue added. The turn signals and emergency flashers won't work. It keeps popping fuses. We installed the MM cable and quadrant, so I know it has something to do with that. I'm still thinking about that one.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
salvage yards tend to see things really high, they tried to sell me a pully for $40.

Craigslist is were its at brotha!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
dont waste ur money on a used t45 or youll be re writing this thread over again in a few months.. either go with a promotion built t45 or tremec tko series!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts