Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current mustang is probably worth about $3,700, It has a clean title and everything, no major issues no dash lights.

I was thinking about selling it for this:
96 Cobra

I don't care about the salvage title as long as it wasn't from an accident, but wtf with the fork being stuck in first? Is that something a transmission shop can fix? or do I really need a new tranny.

Other than the tranny problem, this is pretty much teh same car as mine but with 95 more horsepower. It intrigues me :D

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
it could be rebuilt, but you could just as easily buy another transmission.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well other than that, would it be an all around bad idea to buy a salvage title car? My dad says I shouldn't even touch it

·
~C~, The Other White Meat!
1,623 Posts
I wouldnt. I wouldnt buy anything with a salvage or accident unless I was planning on doing a full rebuild.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i might eventually build the engine...

if its anything like my jeep then it wouldnt be too bad. the jeep had it because it got stolen and someone stole teh front end for parts, not for an accident.

·
So Smart I'm Rotardary!
4,669 Posts
Find out exactly why it was salavaged. You really don't want that to bite you in the ass later on. Also, it's a good idea to check with your insurance company to see how they will rate and cover you with a salavaged titled car. Also, if they are having tranny problems with it, chances are they were probably hard on the car. Be very meticulous when you check it out.

Reactions: Thumbie

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah good advice, thanks and reps. I think I'll back away from this one, going back to college on monday so not really enough time to see it. plus im sure better deals will arise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts