1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
they both are junk i know that.

·
Registered
656 Posts
bs! i have a t45 in my car. it has a 26 spline input and 10 spline output shaft with bigger transmission gears and a mgw shifter and i love it. i beat on it all day long when i had the blower on my car and never had a problem with it.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
They are both alright. If I had to choose; I'd take a 3650 as T-45's had a 1st/2nd gear shift fork issue. But then yet again, if I remember correctly, the 3650's had a syncro issue as well.

Me, I've had a T-45 in my 96 GT and it had the shift fork issue. As for my 3650 in my Cobra; well people bitch that they hate the 3650...I love it. I've had ZERO problems with it.

:2cents

·
Registered
634 Posts
my 3650 has 88K on it and im pretty sure the previouse owner beat the living sh!t out of it as well as I have and the only thing that I can notice is my shifter in 3rd shakes when I press the gas and kinda a low rpm, like 1700-2100 is when its the worst! My friend who has a t45 has 95K on his and he beats it up pretty bad just threw out his throw out bearing and thats the only issue he has had. I think it comes down to prefrence??

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
my 3650 has 88K on it and im pretty sure the previouse owner beat the living sh!t out of it as well as I have and the only thing that I can notice is my shifter in 3rd shakes when I press the gas and kinda a low rpm, like 1700-2100 is when its the worst! My friend who has a t45 has 95K on his and he beats it up pretty bad just threw out his throw out bearing and thats the only issue he has had. I think it comes down to prefrence??
Throw Out Bearing has nothing to do w/ the tranny itself. That's in the clutch assembly

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Im not a fan of the 3650's ....t45..t5.. and t56 :)D) would be my top picks lol

·
Registered
374 Posts
stock clutch 3650 410 rwhp idk how many passes and i love it! I'm prepared to an upgrade soon tho lmao.

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
My friend who has a t45 has 95K on his and he beats it up pretty bad just threw out his throw out bearing and thats the only issue he has had. I think it comes down to prefrence??
Yeah, that's me ^^^. I really do beat the **** out out of my tranny, and haven't had much of a problem with it. Then again, I'm not pushing any ridiculous power, so I will stand by my T45 working flawlessly with the power levels I'm at right now.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
Im not a fan of the 3650's ....t45..t5.. and t56 :)D) would be my top picks lol

other than a mustang II the second biggest piece of **** to ever be in a ford

·
Registered
241 Posts
If you have a 3650 and you think its junk, just get a mgw SS. I dont have any problems with my 3650. The first thing i did was get a SS and it felt like i went from driving truck to a little celica.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
other than a mustang II the second biggest piece of **** to ever be in a ford
I have seen T5's take alot of beating! lol I have seen em go through 2 and 3 gear 6500 rpm sidestep launches on a regular basis lol my top choice is without a doubt the t56....

I have an MGW with my 3650 and its like puttin a diamond (mgw) on a turd lol

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Possibly a bent shift fork.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
put a 3650 in my friends 00gt, I LOVE how that thing feels

·
Registered
640 Posts
If you have a 3650 and you think its junk, just get a mgw SS. I dont have any problems with my 3650. The first thing i did was get a SS and it felt like i went from driving truck to a little celica.
Yeah, i have one. the problem is that the 3650 is not good for what i am looking for. I am about to throw a tko 600 in it and get rid of this junker

·
Bury the speedo or bust
9 Posts
it doesnt grind, when it goes in it makes a thud, on 1-2 only.
Hey all, Just picked up a 99 cobra with t45 and having same prob as realrider88. only difference is reverse kinda grinds unless I put it in 3d then go reverse. any ideas? prob a clutch fork? sorry im new to the mod motor and the cobra. Also been a 5.0 guy

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Yea first and second are wierd in my t-45 that why i was asking.
Shift forks most likely, common issue, transmission has been used hard throughout it's life. Put the FRPP ones in, works fine.

The primary difference is the 3650 is an updated unit, early ones in the later (02-04) Mustangs had issues with synchros, but that is to be expected. In later models, they are fine and a great replacement transmission. Gearwise, the main difference is a taller 5th gear, .62 vs a .67 in the T-45.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts