Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok I was just wondering if thats right. I dont want to put all my new interior in and then have to take it out because it dont line up.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
did you pull the motor or swap engine mounts?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
the hole in the floor should be in the same location auto or stick so something seems off.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
the hole in the floor should be in the same location auto or stick so something seems off.
Not that something may be off for him but some people have to cut/trim and some do not. I believe one of the differences is some year foxes have a different shape of the body plate that is over the trans tunnel. Some are more flat and lower, some are raised up. I know I've seen references to openings that were larger than others so maybe that hole is stamped out on the fly in the factory depending on the trans type? Just speculation.
I know my 88 looks visibly different than my 91.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I guess you should just cut it I have never had one be off that much out of 4 conversions, but I have never done a measurement from the firewall to the shifter location. I'm just saying that the 5spd cars are what the location is based off of b/c you can put your auto shifter almost anywhere.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Does it make a differnets if you rotate the crossmember. I cant remeber whar side the large hump on the crossmember goes. Its a double hump just one side is smaller than the other.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts