Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wisconsinite Turbo 6
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a T-56, whats a fair price? Guy is selling a 2004 Cobra stock T-56, what would be a fair price for it? Looking to swap into a 302.

·
Registered
979 Posts
^Pretty spot on. Price out the parts new/from online vendors and them compare, expect to pay between 50% (steal) to 80%(a little high) of the total new price based on how used they are etc. Thats my general rule of thumb anyway

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Guy locally is selling a T56 out of GTO for $900. Really considering picking it up. He has the LS2 as well, but wants 4k for it. However, that motor is intake to oil pan.

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Guy locally is selling a T56 out of GTO for $900. Really considering picking it up. He has the LS2 as well, but wants 4k for it. However, that motor is intake to oil pan.
Not sure if it applies to GTOs, but with the F-bodies the shifter was in a different location than the Ford T56s. I think the Ford and Dodge ones use the shifter in the aft position, with the GM ones in the front. Not 100% on the GTOs though.

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts

Not sure if it applies to GTOs, but with the F-bodies the shifter was in a different location than the Ford T56s. I think the Ford and Dodge ones use the shifter in the aft position, with the GM ones in the front. Not 100% on the GTOs though.
I know the GTO shifter sits back further then in the f bodies, but no idea how it compares to a Ford T-56. Plus hydro vs cable, bellhousings, input shafts, etc...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts