Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at one for alil while. Id would like to know if there any cons to having one installed. Any idea how much it would be to have installed?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what was the biggest difference you found after having it installed? do you have a auto or man tranny ?

·
Registered
763 Posts
I have a manual and i got 373 and tloc and to me the tloc was more noticable then the gears. the best thing is no more one wheel peels, and i love shifting into second and feeling her ass end get side ways lol she hooks a lot better off the line too. i would deff recomend getting the tloc and gears, and if you dont mind not getting bad gas millage go with 4:10's..I have 3:73's and i get an average of 20 and thats just regular driving only getting on it once or twice when before i was getting 24 same driving styles...Here latley tho i have been playing a lot and im getting 18-19 lol..so 4:10's would get worse but would be so worth it performance wise if i didnt need the extra mpgs right now i would soo through some 4:10's in her and have even more of a blast lol.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
I suppose a con would be that you can fish tail from breaking traction...

But it's absolutly worth it. Gears and tlok install for me was 400. But I think I got ripped off because the shop I took it to took it to another shop to do it, because they said "they don't like the smell of the gear oil." So I probably paid them for nothing.

But get gears & tlok

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Well today, because of the snow, I probably couldn't have moved my car if I didn't have tlok.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I paid around 150 for the t-lok from americanmuscle, then paid a local guy 75.00 to install it, plus about 20.00 in lube. I elected to not switch to the 8.8 rearend because it would have cost around a grand and I don't plan on upping the HP right now, so it's not needed. The older GTs came with a 7.5 until Ford changed to the 8.8.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I paid around 150 for the t-lok from americanmuscle, then paid a local guy 75.00 to install it, plus about 20.00 in lube. I elected to not switch to the 8.8 rearend because it would have cost around a grand and I don't plan on upping the HP right now, so it's not needed. The older GTs came with a 7.5 until Ford changed to the 8.8.
I didn't need to get the 8.8 at that time either, but did it so I didn't have to go back and mess with the rearend again, and spend more money later. Just do it again get it over with now..

older gt's also had barely more hp then ours too ;)

·
Registered
277 Posts
i want to get gears, i was thinking about getting 4.10's, other then looking cool doing 2 wheel burnouts are there any other reason's for getting the t-lok. in other words would it help lower my ET? I would rather just spend the $150 for gears and not have to spend the extra $200 for the t-lok

·
Registered
277 Posts
yea, im just gonna go ahead and get them both done at the same time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.