Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im doing a full resto on this 89 i just picked up and im starting with everything underneath, i just pulled the rear end and so far these are the parts i have..ford racing 4:10s, ford racing supreme install kit, trick flow dif cover, moser 31spline stock fox length 5lug axles. now heres my question. im going to be running cobra 11.65" rear brakes... so c-clip eliminators? and also how much power can a t-lok handle, cuz i can do the fms rebuild with the carbon fiber clutchs or i found a eaton posi unit local with 2000k miles on it for $275..i mean the t-lok rebuild would be cheaper..but say if my setup ends up low 10's...would i be safer with the eaton unit? also what other stuff can i do to make the rear end stronger? thanks

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
you can use the carbon fiber pack in a regular trac lock

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i understand that but will it be stupid to run a set of 31 spline axles on a stock 28 spline t-lok with a carbon fiber clutch pak? because a ford racing 31 spline t-lok new is 275ish and like $50 more for the one with the carbon fiber clutchs...or just get the eaton 31 spline unit for $250?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
so are you asking weather to get the ford or eaton?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
idfk...i cant chance on if i get that eaton unit cuz he said he might keep it or has other people interested..if i can find another eaton, richmond, or auburn for under $300 ill take it..but how far will the t-lok get me?

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
yeah i understand that but will it be stupid to run a set of 31 spline axles on a stock 28 spline t-lok with a carbon fiber clutch pak? because a ford racing 31 spline t-lok new is 275ish and like $50 more for the one with the carbon fiber clutchs...or just get the eaton 31 spline unit for $250?
seriously?

id love to see you run 31 splines in a 28 spline track lok.

a 31 spline track lok will be just fine, put some good clutches and gears on it and you will be fine

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't even realize those words came out if my mouth. Lol. But alright or do you guys think 33 spline is a little safer? I'm just trying not to have to swap crap in and out multiple times. Especially if I break new parts then realize at that point 33 spline axles and dif sound mighty nice at that point. Lol

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
1.4-1.5 sixty foots and low tens on a truck dif with track lok and STOCK clutches is what I am using

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think I'll be touching nines. idk what I would do if it does. But idk what a carb'd 408w w/ 150-200 shot will do. But I already have the moser 31 spline axles, Richmond 4:10's (now thinking 4:30's or 4:56's) c-clip eliminators. Just can't decide on a dif

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im going to be running cobra (11.65") rear disc brakes. so are c-clip eliminators not reccomended with rear disc?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
if you can get a deal on the 31 then roll with it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts