Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I made a mistake... Last spring I was I wanted to put gears in my car so I bought 4.10s and ordered a t-lok from somewhere else. I got a shop that said they would install for 300. So when I got my gears I tryed calling and the t-lok wasn't being sold anymore... So stupidly I had the shop install just the gears... Well now I'm spinning my tire too much lol. So I'm interested to know how hard it would be to Install a t-lok on my own?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
SpamBOT
91 Posts
just by an 8.8 tlok rear end (whole thing) out of a 79-04 mustang. thats what i did. swap the brackets and axxles if its a foxbody rear end

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
the 7.5 t lok isnt made by ford anymore from what i hear,

you could always find a used one or a fourm member selling one

the best option is to swap the whole 8.8 rear end in from a GT

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was going to get a used one online, but how hard would it be for me to install myself? i would hate to go and have them go back into my rear end and spend another 300..

·
SpamBOT
91 Posts
i was going to get a used one online, but how hard would it be for me to install myself? i would hate to go and have them go back into my rear end and spend another 300..
cant diy? isnt that hard. im 19 and I rebuilt an 8.8 put in 3.55s and installed in my car with no help. ive always been a fan of doing stuff myself as labor costs make me :shitbrick

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
i swapped an 8.8 into my car bymyself, its only a bitch to do if your lca bolts are rusted

i did pay someone to install my 3.55s and tru trac though

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i would love to do it myself if i can. would i have to drop the rearend? and is it hard? i was going to buy the ranger tlok on ebay. but i have no idea how to.

·
R.A.D
5,413 Posts
You would have to have the knowledge first. I would research the crap out of it. Such as backlash. Pinion blahblah blah..... Bearings everything.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright thanks!

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
i wouldnt attempt a gear install by yourself in your garage if you have never done it before

putting the gears in is quite simple but adjusting everything for proper contact and so they dont whine is kindof hard. plus you need a press unless you want to hammer the new bearings on

swapping the whole rear end isnt too bad though

·
SpamBOT
91 Posts
its time consuming at least. the only part that might stump you is getting the S spring back in. otherwise with the right presses you can do it. and like said find out how to set the contact ahead of time.

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
OP if you are interested I have my Ford racing T-Lok, brand new, still in box and everything for 200.00. I bought it 2.5 years ago and the project never went through, It wont happen in the near future either because i bought a house and have pretty much reached the end of modding on my v6

1 - 14 of 14 Posts