Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just about to buy a JT trim blower the other day when I thought to myslef that I have yet to max out this T trim So when I get back from my Trip Im taking the GT back to Kurgan for some other upgrades. While im there I want To pulley down and retune. right now im running about 18 PSI at around 6400RPM on a RR 2.9 with Zero Slippage. Since I converted to E-85 I want to take advantage of the extra octane and spin the Blower to about 21-22 PSI who has done it and on what pulley? Im already running a 10% overdrive and I am just going to keep it rather then upgrade that as well. Right now Im at 600RWHP so Im thinking picking up about 4 PSI will put me around 650ISH and Then my project will end cause It time to concetrate on my new car that I purchase in the next month or so.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
No help to you. But cant wait to see your results!

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im dropping the Car off to Kurgan at the first of January to finally finish this thing, there is nothing like the Smell of Corn burning out of my tailpipes E-85 Smells good Lol.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Only other way is spin more rpm. But if your losing power, no point.

A 15% OD will help. Obviously you could throw on a 2.7 pulley, but it may start to slip. Maybe, maybe not.

I think the t trims are capable of like 25psi? Very rarely see that though.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Max boost on a T trim is 26psi. How much boost are you loosing through the intercooler? The smallest RR pulley is a 2.7, which should get you an extra 2 psi. On E85 the car should pick up quite a bit of power.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"How much boost are you loosing through the intercooler?" I wouldnt imagine much my intercooler seems to do a pretty good job.

"I think the t trims are capable of like 25psi?" 21-22 Is my goal as far as Boost as of now i have no slipping I think the 2.7 will be my next step, but im not sure if the RR is going to be the pulley i use this time I am thnking about the Vortech 2.7.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I didn't think of that, an intercooler swap might do you wonders. A treadstone tr25 flows about 1300cfm compared to the cxracing 4 core which flows about 800cfm. That alone, you might pick up 3-4psi

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't think of that, an intercooler swap might do you wonders. A treadstone tr25 flows about 1300cfm compared to the cxracing 4 core which flows about 800cfm. That alone, you might pick up 3-4psi
You really think my intecooler is holding back that much?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I think so now, especially now with the t trim and all the cfm it's pushing. T trim flows what? 1250cfm? Intercooler flows 800cfm, definitely restricting it. If you put an intercooler there that flows more cfm then the blower, then there's no restriction. You know?

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Makes sense, But damn I would have to redo my intire piping setup for that treadstone it doesnt seem to come in the same configuration as the CX racing one.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Just the blower to intercooler piping. If you did, I would buy your intercooler to throttle body piping :)

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My intercooler piping is actually pretty damn awesome its 2 solid pipes they are all welded to perfection I only have silicone couplers at the ends no where else.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I know that's why I want it lol. It's a trick setup for sure.

But really, think about an intercooler swap. I think just swapping intercoolers, no pulley swap you'll pick up 3 to maybe 5psi

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm thinking about it pretty hard I already know if I had a 5 speed my dyno numbers would be about 700 rwhp BUT I want to hit 650 or more with my automatic setup I about 49 rwhp from Completing this toy. At this point I don't give a crap about nothing but making my hp goal then Track goal of 9's. just like when I was runnin alot my 2 mile goal was 10 minutes it took a whole year of training to hit it but I didn't give up I'm in the same boat here

·
Registered
601 Posts
just like when I was runnin alot my 2 mile goal was 10 minutes it took a whole year of training to hit it but I didn't give up I'm in the same boat here
Dang! Talk about extended score APFT!:baller: I'm just content to stay in the very high 12's!

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dang! Talk about extended score APFT!:baller: I'm just content to stay in the very high 12's!
Those days are gone for me, but they were awesome while they lasted.

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
At your boost levels you would certainly benefit from a more efficient IC especially one that keeps up in flow with your blower.

Treadstone makes a variety of configurations some of which should be very close to what you have like the TR1235 which has a 4.5" core, flows 1469cfm, good for 860hp and only loses 2psi at max flow.

http://www.treadstoneperformance.co...cat_key=63&prodname=TR1245+Intercooler++860HP

All that and only $350. You would likely gain 2psi from your current setup with this alone.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I love my meth injection. 95* day iats went below 85*

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
yeah meth is badass! I am going to look into AIS or Alky control when the time comes

1 - 20 of 35 Posts