·
Registered
11,200 Posts
bigger Fuel pump, calibrated maff to new injector size, tune

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it comes with a pump it says. will that not work? if not what size pump will I need and will a in take pump still handle it?

and that does not see like to much, I was expecting a longer list. lol

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I'm sure there's more stuff you may need , but i wouldn't use the FMU that comes with the kit...In stead get the correct size injectors and a tune.. Depending on how much boost your going to run, I'm sure will effect the amount of parts or upgraded parts your going to need. It didn't say what size fuel pump come with the kit, but if it were me a 255lph would be minimum.....

·
Registered
342 Posts
255 lph pump, 42-60 lb injectors, matching maf, and tune. My friend runs 10lbs with a vortec on his sn95 5.0, makes 388hp/416tq and uses 60 lb injectors. Theyre a lil big and tuned to 60% duty i believe. Most people use 42 lbers

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
have you looked on ebay for this kit (used) ? you can get them for half the price, then you can buy a good set of heads to go with it.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I would check out used on Corral or EBay as suggested. You can go to the Vortech site and down load parts list and instructions for all the chargers they sell.
Then buy (Corral and EBay again) your supporting fuel upgrades (42# injectors, 90mm MAF calibrated to injectors, new 255 fuel pump, FPR, fuel pressure gage), spark plugs (one step colder gapped to .032), smog pump delete for super charger, SCT chip for the dyno, new serpentine belt. Anything else you may need you can get the auto parts store.

With the money you save you could buy a bigger throttle body, better upper and lower intake, headers, and better flowing exhaust.

Or take the $4,400 you were going to spend and go H/C/I with supporting mods for nice NA car.

Side note: I know absolutely nothing about this stuff. I just tell Flattus what I want and we throw it together with vice grips and duct tape.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
I would check out used on Corral or EBay as suggested. You can go to the Vortech site and down load parts list and instructions for all the chargers they sell.
Then buy (Corral and EBay again) your supporting fuel upgrades (42# injectors, 90mm MAF calibrated to injectors, new 255 fuel pump, FPR, fuel pressure gage), spark plugs (one step colder gapped to .032), smog pump delete for super charger, SCT chip for the dyno, new serpentine belt. Anything else you may need you can get the auto parts store.

With the money you save you could buy a bigger throttle body, better upper and lower intake, headers, and better flowing exhaust.

Or take the $4,400 you were going to spend and go H/C/I with supporting mods for nice NA car.

Side note: I know absolutely nothing about this stuff. I just tell Flattus what I want and we throw it together with vice grips and duct tape.

I bought your sons turbo kit, he promised to send me his gf for a week, if he doesnt Ill message you and we'll work out a new price for the kit

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
^^ I sent you 3 boxes of rocks son, so u mad?

1st off, is the car a stock cube or stock bottom end car? If it is, it's not moving enough air for that blower to be efficient. A Car like that would be faster running an strim with the same boost.

Number two I think that comes with a shitty plastic bosh valve which will start backwashing air in 1000 miles.

Trace: Plastic power pipe= fail. Not really to bad, but I never liked em...

Quattro: V1....

Sinco: Whether your go v1 or v2 t or s def go used on corral. I've bought twice and been satisfied. Once for my car and once for My old mans car as he stated above.

$1700 gets you a nice anderson pipe, vortech valve, all metal tubing, decent used blower, and mostly everthing but maf and injectors.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I bought your sons turbo kit, he promised to send me his gf for a week, if he doesnt Ill message you and we'll work out a new price for the kit
GF is to nice, going to have to have his back on that one, buttttttttt, you know your notch would look sweet with a set of front seats from an 03 cobra;).

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^ I sent you 3 boxes of rocks son, so u mad?

1st off, is the car a stock cube or stock bottom end car? If it is, it's not moving enough air for that blower to be efficient. A Car like that would be faster running an strim with the same boost.

Number two I think that comes with a shitty plastic bosh valve which will start backwashing air in 1000 miles.

Trace: Plastic power pipe= fail. Not really to bad, but I never liked em...

Quattro: V1....

Sinco: Whether your go v1 or v2 t or s def go used on corral. I've bought twice and been satisfied. Once for my car and once for My old mans car as he stated above.

$1700 gets you a nice anderson pipe, vortech valve, all metal tubing, decent used blower, and mostly everthing but maf and injectors.
helpful advice. thanks

ok now another question.

how is the reliability on these things.

how many miles can one get out of them if they are takin well care of?

is daily driving a possibility?

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Def dd. I dd'd mine on and off. You do run a risk with a used blower obviously so def do your research. Mine laster prob 8000 miles. I just had a bearing go bad. Woulda been a $125 fix, but I went turbo. My dad (1loudgt) just put the same kit I told you to get, the one I ran, on his lx and the whole damn family drives the hell out of the car. It gets ragged on. 7psi it made 297rwhp and 351ftlbs. Stock tb to oil pan moter. Stock headers with a 2.5 bbk hpipe, small flow tubes, shitty flows, and 2.25 tails.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Well I better keep my ass logged off loll. The blue mini race valves do work. The mondo isn't really neccessary, but it works, takes up a tone of room.

I never had problems with mine. But on my dads lx the oring popped out of the bypass. We can't seem to get the car over 7psi. Anyone know if that affects boost. I wouldn't think so, only the way it re-circulates.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
if its opening when it shouldnt it would circulate it during wot.... boom boost pro now

1 - 20 of 20 Posts