Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys just as the title says. My buddys cobra got stuck in reverse after doing a small first gear burnout. He dumped the clutch, stopped, put it in reverse, backed up and it wouldnt come out of gear. Car makes no odd noises. Clutch engages and disengages. You can drive in reverse if needed. But, no matter what you do, nothing helps. Was going to force it out of gear with my leg, but didnt want to risk bending a shift fork or possibly break it. Any ideas are appreciated.Thanks guys.

·
This Space For Rent
268 Posts
Check the lockout mechanism?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
There is a TSB describing a fix for this, TSB 01-23-05.

I believe there is a bit of a trick for getting it out of reverse after this has happened, however I cannot find the link right now--perhaps some other forum member knows of it.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please post as soon as it is found please. Much help is appreciated and reps are to follow.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I found some threads indicating people had repeatedly rolled the car back and forth while pushing on the shift lever and been able to get it out of reverse. It also seems that once this happens it will happen again more and more frequently until the tranny is fixed per the TSB...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.