Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cobra has a 373 speedo through the tailshaft and my sensor is an electronical pickup. I can't put my sensor into the cobra tranny because it doesn't fit. What do i do? Im am stuck with my car and transmission torn apart NOW, help asap would be appreciated.

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
to get it to work you have to go buy the electrical pickup sensor from ford and then take it to a dyno and get it calibrated or just do what i have been doing over the last 2 years and just not have a speedo lol. I have a 96 cobra t-45 in mine also

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no speedo as in its off a little? or the speedo will not work at all.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks guys for the info

*jumps off cliff*

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whew! so its not as bad as i thought. i CAN reach it when everything is bolted back up :) ( i thought i would have to reinstall this damn tranny)

I am going to ford tuesday morning and getting the magnetic electronic sensor. Any guess on the price? Then off to the dyno to run it on the drum (im guessing thats what they do) and get it calibrated. Then simply put it back in, and bam I get my speedo back.

Thats how it should go right? Am i missing anything... ;)

and white99 thanks for the PM's!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok new problem. :mad:
the tailshaft is off and does not fit conrrectly. Because of the sensor and the different desiegn and sizes were going to try switching the tails. Any help or solution would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Somehow my friend managed to figure out how to keep the speedo. Tranny is bolted up and feels fine, but have yet to fire it up due to some underdrive pully/broken bolt issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts