Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may know I am scheduled for a Dyno this week, I just changed the oil and I need to add about a quart of ATF and thought I might as well change it so I'm going to be putting in Royal Purple and was wondering if you guys have any pointers and suggestions before I do it tomorrow. Just to make sure you just pull the Plug and once it all drains use a pump gun or whatever and finish.. How do you do it through your shifter? Any help would be nice guys. Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
as long as you have some form of pump, i would recommend getting it on a lift or tall jack stands and draining and filling it from there, thats how i did it without problems! although i never tried through the shifter, sorry :/

·
Registered
184 Posts
I did mine last week through the shifter and it was very easy, just a few bolts to take it off. Make sure you have a funnel so you don't spill any inside the car as it smells like a$$. Also, have someone watch the fill hole in the transmission to let you know when the fluid starts to come out or is close.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I use a hand pump and fill mine through the fill hole in the side.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys I just hand pumped it, it was fairly easy, I tried going through the shifter but when I got the boot an everything off I forgot there was a triax short shifter installed and it was all rtv'ed up so we just did it with a pump! Anyone with questions just PM me, thanks guys

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
i was never into doing it through the shifter cuz you still have to monitor the fill hole to make sure the fluid level is correct. filling it through the fill hole is best and hand pumps can be had to almost nothing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts