Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok the car has an auto meter "carbon fiber" tach, the guy told me when i bought the car that it has a light but he hasent wired it in yet, so today i had a little bit of time so i pulled the tach off and it looked like the guy saudered in his own wires, and they were wayy 2 short. ok i put the wires back like he had them and the tach comes on with the car but its tached all the way out, how can i fix this? and still i didnt seem to find the wire for the light, its got more wires running down into the dash but i gotta figure out how im going to get to the 2 under the windshield

ne help out there??

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
under the winshield????????

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea kinda, if u follow the line of the dash, the part surrounding the light switch and stock guages there are 2 hex bolts that are crazy to get out,

and for more info on the tach if it helps its stuck on 1like 11 (if there was) rpm when the car is off then jumps when i start it to even higher

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
You can use a stubby screw driver to get those bolts out. Sounds like the wire that is supposed to go to the coil isn't connected right.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
It is not the black wire and it is not the red wire...

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
its green, all tach, and shift light signal wires are green. Do you have an aftermarket ignition? if so then the green wire will go to the tach signal termainal on the ign. box. Otherwise its the neg. terminal on the coil.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok so i looked at the tach and all the wires are still connected, but the needle stays above 10, like its backwards, so wtf? im so confused on why its doing that

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
you have the green wire connected to the dark green coil wire?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
check the ground, the black wire coming off the tach, make sure it's grounded to metal

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok ill check that asap, by the way people im puting a new post up of some electric fans i got, i need help with the install

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
was it working before you took it off or watever you did

1 - 16 of 16 Posts