Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just buy the smoke tint for them, there is a film or you can spray them with tint spray i think
yea but that makes them more of a black and your covering the red.. did you click the link?? thats what id really like to get is a smoked gray color like those.. but if i cant find them soon i'll be doing what you said

·
Banned
169 Posts
you can do it yourself for $30.

find 1 or 2 cans of VHT Nightshades.
1 pkg 800 grain sand paper
1 pkg 1500 grain sand paper
1 can of Clear Spray Paint.

take your taillight assembly off the car. clean them with soapy water, then wipe them down with a rubbing alcohol and dry them off.

then take your 800 grit and scuff the surface up pretty good...remember to go one direction to keep the scratch marks the same.

then clean with rubbing alcohol again. now take your 1500 grit and lightly sand the lens down to get rid of the big scratches.

clean again with soapy water, and then rub with rubbing alcohol and dry them off.

now take your VHT Nightshades, in light even coats put desired amount of VHT on to lens. when they are dark enough to your liking. allow to dry for 12 hours. take warm water and 1500 grit and gently wet sand until dirt is removed. spray any additional coats of VHT as needed. allow to dry for 6 hours. if no extra coats needed, apply Clear Spray paint to lens in light even coats, to seal the VHT nightshades coats on to the lens. allow to dry for 12 hours. then take 1500 grit and using warm water, gently wetsand the lens to remove all dirt and scratches. respray clear as necessary. once completely dried, wipe down with soapy water and using a microfiber towel dry off the lenses and remount them on your car.

here's how mine came out.

·
Banned
169 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
yea i agree with mixed! vht nightshades all the way baby i masked off my reverse light for a custom look. good luck 40th, let us know when you do it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts