Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the splice in kit for sequential tail lights with the slow flash relay from autotrix.net but the outter bulbs don't illuminate as bright as the first 2. Example 1-bright 2-bright 3- very dim. Looks like the sequence is only 2 bulbs. Anyone else had this issue ? Just want to know Before I buy silvania silverstar bulbs which some say it has a thicker filment causing it to glow brighter.
It's not the relay either because I tried it both ways.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
I have the autotrix relay and I didnt notice what you're talking about. What I WOULD highly recommend though (and what im doing as soon as i get the money) will be buying led's. They light up to the full brightness instantly and have more of a sequence than flow, if you know know what i mean. Go to youtube and search some videos of the sequential tail lights with leds and they look awesome. Look almost like the 2011's.
In this video, they are too fast but you get the idea. Notice how they dont fade out when you take your foot off the brake, as opposed to this:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok LEDs seem to make a big difference but every pair of LEDs are $25 plus. So we looking at about $75 on bulbs. I also read about LED bulbs not being bright enough to illuminate the tailight reflectors(Depending on the # of diadoes the bulb has). Got a link to good quality LED bulbs?

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Ok LEDs seem to make a big difference but every pair of LEDs are $25 plus. So we looking at about $75 on bulbs. I also read about LED bulbs not being bright enough to illuminate the tailight reflectors(Depending on the # of diadoes the bulb has). Got a link to good quality LED bulbs?
I cannot comment on the quality... yet. But if you wanna wait 5-10 business days, I just ordered some cheap ones off ebay for like $5/pair. I'll take a video with the leds in one side and normal bulbs in the other. I already have leds in the reverse lights though and they make such a huge difference and look awesome

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
I personally do not, but I could take one when I get my car back from the dealer (hopefully monday). Here's a pic though of a newer mustang with led reverse lights and it looks how mine looks. It gives it an expensive high-end car look imo.

P.S. I also did the license plates lights (which are a lot cheaper) and the difference is well worth the money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts