Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my sequential kit in the other day, which btw i love its amazing, but it shorted out one of my taillight bulbs. These bulbs always go out and im gonna fix it easily but does anyone know the reason why when taillights are turned on the bulb works but when braking/signaling the same bulb doesnt work? Im just curious because it bugs me a little bit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ya, I was thinking the same thing. Its so weird why the lights dont work when braking.. I have no idea why.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
because our taillight bulbs are dual filament bulbs. when it does that it means that one of the filaments burnt out and its usually the flasher for the turn signals. just use some dielectric grease on them when you put the new bulb in that will keep moisture from getting on them which is usually what causes them to short out

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
because our taillight bulbs are dual filament bulbs. when it does that it means that one of the filaments burnt out and its usually the flasher for the turn signals. just use some dielectric grease on them when you put the new bulb in that will keep moisture from getting on them which is usually what causes them to short out
while i agree with this did the kit cause the short? If so you might have a different issue. Use the grease on a new bulb and keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
this same thing happened to me too 2 of my bulbs wouldn't light for the turn signals, but were fine for braking. The posts above are correct about our bulbs having two filaments. I just replaced both bulbs and it's been fine for a year already.

·
Registered
74 Posts
This is pretty funny because I was thinking the same thing just recently. I installed a sequential kit in January which worked right off the bat. A couple days later both bulbs on the passenger side went out and did the same thing as yours, they worked with the lights on but didn't light upon braking or turn signals. I was worried the kit was the cause and that it might become an issue but once I changed the bulbs everything went back to normal.

I'm happy with the kit and I recommend it for anyone that is on the fence about it. Install was relatively easy and honestly it was just like changing out some bad bulbs.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea the sequential kit is awesome i officially have the best lighting on any car anywhere in the world. i should look into all leds for the taillights because they last so much longer and they're brighter.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Replace all the bulbs with 3057LL or 4057LL. The LL stands for long lasting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts