Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want my car to be a lil louder, because before we got the cats put back on it sounded GREAT, ever since then its been a lot quieter. I have shorties, a catted x, and a catback. My dad wants me to keep the cats on because he said he paid too much money to have them put on, and then took back off. So i'm probably going to take the mufflers off, since that will make it louder, and I'll still have some backpressure from the cats. think thats a good idea???

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
what kind of cat back is it??? you could weld in some SLP LM's If your dad wants cats on there im sure he wont be to keen on the idea of you cuting off your mufflers. I think the SLPs LM1s are 70$ on AM just weld them on your catback that well give her some sound!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I got the car it had a catback with magnaflow tips, but it had Flow 40 mufflers, Im guessing its a magnaflow catback though... But I dont think my dad would mind me getting a pipe welded in where the mufflers were... I just dont want to lose to much backpressure and screw up my valves over time.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Get a straight through (glasspack) style muffler, some thing like Magnaflows or SLP. They will be loud and you wont have the cracking and popping sounds like you would with no mufflers

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It probably wouldnt pop that much because I'd still have the cats on, but even if it did, it wouldnt bother me too much... kids around here would probably think I had some crazy awesome car just because its loud...... ya, most teens round here are stupid about cars. This kid at school still wants to race me in his 5.7l Titan 4door. i keep tellin em i'll murder him but he says the opposite. He believes that his k&n gave him 40 hp.... l0l

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
It probably wouldnt pop that much because I'd still have the cats on, but even if it did, it wouldnt bother me too much... kids around here would probably think I had some crazy awesome car just because its loud...... ya, most teens round here are stupid about cars. This kid at school still wants to race me in his 5.7l Titan 4door. i keep tellin em i'll murder him but he says the opposite. He believes that his k&n gave him 40 hp.... l0l
Have you heard one without mufflers and cats? ...They pop trust me. They dont sound horrible, but its not the greatest sound :2cents

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya, theres a 98 GT at school with a o/r H, and glasspacks, with a crappy 5.4 swap (the 5.4 was off a rusted out truck) and its POPPY AS HELL, but it sounds good. im talkin, ITS LOUD..... and then theres a late model Firebird, no cats, no mufflers, and its very poppy, and it dont sound too good. But i'm thinkin I'll still have some tone with the cats still on.....

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
i know the flows are an offset muffler

would you be able to just turn the muffler at an angle and weld it in for the glasspack?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Just a personal preference, not a big fan of the poppy crackling sound. Take a look on youtube for some various exhaust clips then go from there.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm either going to just take the mufflers off, or put the slp lm1s on.... I just want it to be LOUD... l0l

1 - 20 of 26 Posts