Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Rule of thumb is 1/10 sec faster per 100# removed (1/4 mile). Front weight removal is better, need the weight in the rear for traction and it will help with lift and transfer.

·
Registered
261 Posts
How heavy is the back seat?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
yeah i heard it was only maybe 50 lbs for the whole back seat

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
you're better off removing the serpentine belt at the track, easy 3 or 4 tenths

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just went out to the shop and weighed my seats to see how much they weighed and...
Front seats ~37lbs each
Rear bottom ~10lbs
Rear back ~12lbs

These are out of an 88' LX Coupe (4 banger, soon to be 347). And no I didn;t have anything better to do.:confused:

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
are you serious/?
absolutely, cool your car off as much as possible, do a short burn out, stage, make a pass, turn on the return road, pop the hood reinstall the belt and get your time slip, works everytime and can be worth as much as 3 - 5 tenthsand 2 - 3 mph depending on what accessories and pulleys you have, keep in mind your steering will be a little harder but nothing unmanageable , no your car won't overheat in such a short time

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
absolutely, cool your car off as much as possible, do a short burn out, stage, make a pass, turn on the return road, pop the hood reinstall the belt and get your time slip, works everytime and can be worth as much as 3 - 5 tenthsand 2 - 3 mph depending on what accessories and pulleys you have, keep in mind your steering will be a little harder but nothing unmanageable , no your car won't overheat in such a short time
I knew the car wouldnt overheat but i cant believe it will help that much!I mean i knew it help it but 2-5 tenths is alot to gain.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i was running high 13.30s to low 13.40s @ 101 - 102, i pulled the belt and clicked off a string of 13.0s and i even cracked off a couple of very high 12.90s @ 105 - 106 , the engine revved a whole lot quicker then usual too

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
i was running high 13.30s to low 13.40s @ 101 - 102, i pulled the belt and clicked off a string of 13.0s and i even cracked off a couple of very high 12.90s @ 105 - 106 , the engine revved a whole lot quicker then usual too
i might try that one of these days with my little 347.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I just went out to the shop and weighed my seats to see how much they weighed and...
Front seats ~37lbs each
Rear bottom ~10lbs
Rear back ~12lbs

These are out of an 88' LX Coupe (4 banger, soon to be 347). And no I didn;t have anything better to do.:confused:

the tweed seats? or cloth. I have weighed the GT seats at 63.5 personally. it was a while ago, but thats what I got.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts