Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be degreeing the cams in my 2v shortly. I have heard that you can make a solid test lifter by disassembling a factory lifter, removing the spring, and epoxying it together.

I was curious if anyone has ever done this, because I can't figure out how to take the darn thing apart.

I know you can buy solid test lifters, but I was trying to avoid paying $35 if I can just make one with what I have.

There is a collar at the top that appears to be pressed on. Do I need to remove that?

I tried to compress one in a vice and weld it, but I wasn't pleased with the results; I think the above approach would make a more accurate surface for the rocker to attach to.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Lol. 35 bucks or get your 2 or 3 hours of time degreeing cams worthless? 35 bucks sounds like a deal to me. I use the Modular head shop kit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol. 35 bucks or get your 2 or 3 hours of time degreeing cams worthless? 35 bucks sounds like a deal to me. I use the Modular head shop kit.
I hear you; but a solid lifter is a a solid lifter. I probably paid just as much in epoxy and time making it.

If I had to do it over again I'd probably just buy the one from MHS.

The cams dialed in nicely. The guy at the local shop said he would just dot-to-dot them (why I do most of my own work)

I ended up having to retard the cams 4 degrees ... I'm a half degree from the card; so i'll take it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts