Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he basically told me anything worth doing is gonna cost over a $1000 and tried to say a pi swap would be the same cost as getting brand new parts because of the cost of testing everything to make sure its good and a p&p job for my stock heads would be around a $1000

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
is that too much for a p&p job?

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well he said he wont work on any part that isnt tested that its good, he said used heads are about $300 and its about $200-300 for him to run all the tests and at the point its better to get brand new heads

i just dont know if hes tryin to squeeze money out of me or not

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Hes trying to squeeze you for everything he can bro...

Sorry but try and find another guy, atleast look into it get a few quotes...

We had a guy like that at our shop I didnt like him at all... On the other side we had a straight up guy who was the best guy you could ever get to work on your car straight forward and never made you spend more then you had to!!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
what kind of test?...all they probly do is a visiula test for cracks some mechanics wont even check em dam thiefs

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hes trying to squeeze you for everything he can bro...

Sorry but try and find another guy, atleast look into it get a few quotes...

We had a guy like that at our shop I didnt like him at all... On the other side we had a straight up guy who was the best guy you could ever get to work on your car straight forward and never made you spend more then you had to!!
unfortunately theres not many shops that do installs around here and another shop said 1500 for a complete pi swap just for labor

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what kind of test?...all they probly do is a visiula test for cracks some mechanics wont even check em dam thiefs
lol that wat the guy said and why i should use him

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
+1 there are enough write-ups out there on How-Tos etc etc. And it only takes a little bit of common sence...
true but i dont have much common sense and theres too many things to go wrong, i know a guy whos been a mechanic for over 30 years nd he said hed help me but my dad wont let me ask him

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
man you should give it a try. For that much money i would def. try it myself like what was stated above. There are lots of guys to help you out.

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
your not too far from me, id say id help but ive never done one, and id like to do it on my own car so if i screw up i dont feel so bad lol. but if you have another car to drive in the mean time, id just tear it down, and use the write ups step by step.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
true but i dont have much common sense and theres too many things to go wrong, i know a guy whos been a mechanic for over 30 years nd he said hed help me but my dad wont let me ask him
your not too far from me, id say id help but ive never done one, and id like to do it on my own car so if i screw up i dont feel so bad lol. but if you have another car to drive in the mean time, id just tear it down, and use the write ups step by step.
Dude didnt notice you where that close

Me and stang have your back we can make it a weekend project you get the stuff we can do it between the 3 of us we should be able to handle it and if we get lost MM is here!!!

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
yea if you got the tools and facilities we can figure it out no problem, MM has the best write ups ive seen, only problem i would be iffy about is the cam timing

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
+1 alot of tech support/help on MM there are many that could talk you thought it if for some reason you 3 stooges couldn't figure it out;)

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
+1 alot of tech support/help on MM there are many that could talk you thought it if for some reason you 3 stooges couldn't figure it out;)
lol thanks 330 thats real nice of you :p, it would be a piece of cake i think. the only thing im remotely concerned about is the timing like i said before.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts