Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I ran a Walbro 255 in tank pump and stock lines in my old 88 LX. 347, Novi 1000(10 psi boost), 50 lbs injectors, etc. I did have after market fuel rails though. I had no problems, plenty of fuel.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I read an article in MM&FF (I think) one time and a guy's fuel rail broke under boost and put the car up in flames.... If I went boosted I would upgrade everything in the fuel system, **** that up in flames ****!

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
I read an article in MM&FF (I think) one time and a guy's fuel rail broke under boost and put the car up in flames.... If I went boosted I would upgrade everything in the fuel system, **** that up in flames ****!
Because someone neglected to put the fuel rails on properly in a magzine article you would be inclined to buy more expensive rails that will do the same thing if you neglected to install them properly. Zero logic there, but you will prob never see boost.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ran a Walbro 255 in tank pump and stock lines in my old 88 LX. 347, Novi 1000(10 psi boost), 50 lbs injectors, etc. I did have after market fuel rails though. I had no problems, plenty of fuel.
yea see u have 50lb injectors, tho..

he said we can crank up the fuel pressure reg and run the pump a tab bit harder if we need to, said walbros dont like to be ran to hard tho, So now im trying to call Aeromotive about the 340 pump, and see how much next day air is gonna cost me, we looked at some other shops who carry it, and they wont have it till mid may (ill be in VA)

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
tuners an idiot flattus was running 10 lbs on Ps with is turbo and 14 lbs with his vortech on that pump

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i hope your right, i think ill be fine, honestly however! id rather be safe than blow something...so i think im going to tune her with the 255 for now, and see what happens,

Max boost im running with this stock block/bottom end is 10lbs,

so here is my idea, first try 6lbs see how she runs and what she puts down, (im shooting for 400RWHP) maybe turn the wick up to 8lbs she how she runs, if she gets lean up top, play with the adjustable pressure reg.

if all else fails:
Aeromotive 340 pump
Aeromotive fuel rail
(figure something out for lines)

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
If your running aluminum heads and a tfs intake with that small of a turbo the most it will make is 440 with the stock cam on a dyno jet. Your fine. $450 for injectors? I'll sell you ford green tops for $150 plus shipping. Can't beat that.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
255 is good for 500 at the tire. Your set up isn't. Do NOT let that man tune your car.
What he said...

I have a 255, 42lb injectors and my turbo car and ran fine on 10psi and also had a paxton novi2k with 12psi on same injectors and fuel pump no problems.

60's are good but over kill **** you have a stock block dont you

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
He does have the stock block so they aren't even considered room to grow. If you have the junk already your stock rails and lines are fine with 1 255 and 42lbers even up to 13psi or so from that turbo. Make sure your fpr is a 1:1 ratio boost referenced fpr and your set for a long time.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright! good i dont want to spend more money right now, on stuff i already have

next year ill upgrade entire fuel system but right now i need to get this car RUNNING!

the tuner said i should get a larger breather can/catch can (im like dude i have one! that im using, then he said i should use 1 for each valve cover!

WTF

the little **** is adding up

im like mofos in hondas are running 20lbs i dont ever hear about this **** that he is saying, i know he is a good guy and he knows his **** and he is looking out for me, but bro i just dumped an easy 5k in the last few weeks....lets fire her up and tune her before i buy more stuff (i hope i dont need)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts