Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Target AFR at WOT

Short and sweet, my car is running at 13.81 AFR at WOT. From what I've been reading, it should ideally be around 11.1 - 11.5; is this accurate? If so, being this far from an idea target, is this robbing me of power?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Its not to bad if you are N/A, but it would be better if it was lower say around 12.8-13.0

Reactions: bigjohnstud4200

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
12.5-13.0 is fine for a N/A car. You are a bit on the lean side. Car is making more power now than if it was richer, but is more prone to detonation.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Will make more power at 90% of N/A engines will make peak power and torque at 12.9-13:1.... You would pick up HP if you richened it up a bit. May even be able to get a bit more timing in it. 13.8 at WOT pretty lean IMO. Its fine for part throttle low load driving conditions but way to lean for WOT situations especially under heavy loading.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, that's what I figured. I got a new Datalog and a copy of the dyno to Joe. We've been troubleshooting a rough idle / stalling issue and I know the current tune is HIGHLY conservative.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am starting to think it's my intake manifold; it's a crappy dorman that I had to throw on about 2 weeks into owning the car before I knew about them. Doing some research, I've discovered that the Dorman intake definitely has smaller runners and intake plenum. Maybe I'm having vacuum leaks with the individual o-rings gaskets also. Anyhow, I've ordered a new FRPP intake, gaskets, etc. I plan on dyno'ing the results to see if there truly is a difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts