Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For starters I have a 2004 V6 with true duals and CAI.

I'm getting some money back from the government pretty soon and I wanted to put about 300-400 of it into the car. I plan on reverse glow gauges for sure. The second mod I am thinking will either be new coils, plugs, and wires or wide band 02's + gauge.

The reasoning for this is that I have been getting terrible fuel mileage and have had no luck with seafoam (though it did smooth the idle). Also, I will be receiving money from a lawsuit soon because 3 months into owning my car someone rear ended me bad and hurt me. The money from that will go toward new rims and tires, and a tuner most likely a LiveWire then the rest will be spent trying to pay off the car. Whats everyones opinion?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
coils plugs and wires good call, wideband you dont need man just replace your 02 sensors, also look into gears and t-lok about 650 installed but worth it

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reasoning behind the wideband was that it would be better for datalogging and give me a more accurate tune while at the same time replacing my O2's. Once the mods I have in line are complete (plugs coils wires, tuner, rims, and new o2's) next step was gonna be a shift kit with shifter and torque converter and 4.10's with t-lock. Once the car is paid off it will make more serious modding possible.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
You're right that the wideband will help with tuning. However, if you're getting a livewire then you don't need to buy a gauge for the wideband. The livewire will do that for you. In fact, I would go ahead and get the livewire now. Then get the other stuff later. It is a bit more than you're looking to spend, but it will help you get the most out of your current and future mods.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
well at the stage you are you have no real need for it, if you go FI or nitrous it is a great investment but anything less than that datalogging of the stock 02 or getting on a dyno will be just as well

·
Registered
138 Posts
ya i would go with the livewire first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts