Modded Mustang Forums banner

261 - 271 of 271 Posts

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Got some new (to me) wheels on the vert. Here's some quick iPhone pics. I'll be getting some better pics later.

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Broke my shifter at the track last night. Hoping it's just a bolt that came out. If not, MGW time.

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Well I might have killed the 3v this week. Definitely tore up the VCT guides and tensioners. We'll see what other damage there is as I pull it apart. I didn't window my engine at least so there's hope.

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
What happened exactly?

Not exactly sure. It's looking like my oil pump failed. I didn't put billet pump gears in when I got a built short block. I skimped and I'm paying the price now.

·
Down for the count
2,018 Posts
Not exactly sure. It's looking like my oil pump failed. I didn't put billet pump gears in when I got a built short block. I skimped and I'm paying the price now.
That's rough, man. Hopefully the damage is minimal. Were you romping on it or just cruising when it happened? Makes me nervous about my stock shortblock.

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
That's rough, man. Hopefully the damage is minimal. Were you romping on it or just cruising when it happened? Makes me nervous about my stock shortblock.
I have a built motor... yeah be nervous on that stock short block. I ran at 475 wheel hp on the stock bottom end for almost a year.

Cam Phasers clacking, maybe, fingers are crossed for you
I'm probably going to replace phasers, tensioners, etc... along with the oil pump and swapping to billet oil pump gears. Seriously thinking about dropping in some hot rod cams too just for the heck of it.

I decided to go ahead and take the next step in my build and put the parts I've had on the shelf for awhile.

Next steps:

1) Dynatune nitrous kit
2) Battery relocations
3) N2MB WOT box
4) Custom coolant tank going in the battery location
5) Anderson power pipe and Vortech BOV.
6) MAYBE cams.

Anyone want to chime in on their hot rod cams with a Centri blower set up?

261 - 271 of 271 Posts