Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Just trying to take a stab here but with out working on the heads your motor pulls in the same air...a tb will just "flow" the air better into your heads??

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Better throttle response

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Better throttle response
+1 but not enough worth the money right now.... like you said unless you are heavily modded or have a ported intake and/or ported heads.. that was the first thing i bought and it is just now gonna be usefull at all to me because my heads and cams... first mods should be gears, shifter, jlt cai, exhaust can be thrown anywhere in there. lol. maybe udp if you plan on staying n/a. then after that its big boy stuff, heads, cams, intake, etc.... i didn't notice all that much when i put my tb and plenum on... but if you do decide to get it... accufab ftw. i went with prof products and have been hearin a lot of good stuff about accufab....

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
i couldn't tell anything... but only way to get it straight is on the dyno and i didnt want to pay 100 bucks to dyno my car after putting a 100 dollar product on it. lol

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
GET JLT! its more expensive but it performs and looks so much better... wheels and tires are always a good mod... unless you race bitches that say wah wah you beat me because you have tires and i dont... well tires are just as much of a mod as anything else. ha

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i like my set up. i p&p'd my stock stuff and was able to get small feel out of it. i went to aftermarket and noticed very little compared to the p&p stuff i did.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
yup, i was doing quiet a few, but selling got slow so i havent bought any more. i have a p&p plenum still for the small pcv hose, i think that goes for the 96-01 cars. i do a lot of p&p work, and was buying up stockers and reselling them for a while. t/b's, plenums, intakes, heads, maf's (gm's), etc.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
yea man its not a bad mod to do, just fyi. you do get a better throttle response and if you ever plan on doing more work then its something you should look into. i would go with the cai and then maybe the tb and plenum. you'll def benifit more from the cai though.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
The tb and plenum is worth maybe 5hp on a stock car. Maybe 10-15 on a 400+ hp car. Be careful porting and polishing the TB, especially on the inside where the blade touches the wall. I've had a few customers with home ported TBs that had to be replaced because there was too much of a gap and it was letting too much air in to control the idle properly.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
gains will be minimal without headwork or FI. you can get them now and not have to worry about it later, or you can wait till after you get heads and cams...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Do you have to do any kind of tune with a programmer after you put on a tb&plenum? Somebody told me that you need to tell the computer to add mor fuel because you are adding more airflow. I have never heard anybody on here say you had to do such a thng when just adding a TB&Plenum.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the t/b's dont yeild all too much, but recommend a plenum or having a stocker worked on. the plenums is something i recommend, especially if other mods have been done.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
it's not a bad mod, but if you could port and polish your old one it would be better(money wise) for what your going to gain. I would just buy the tb and port the plenum thats on there. but hey they look good to:).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts