Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just put my new TB on still stock old one had screw broke off

Ok so I got it on there put new gasket in and torqued down the bolts started it and i guess coolant start pourin out of the bottom of it wtf?

So I bolted it harder and then it didnt untill you rev'd it a little and then it came out so some help please thanks

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
u need to put a new gasket between the egr spacer and intake

EGR and spacer? Im lost on this part sorry its stock TB and the one I took off only had 1 gasket and thats all they gave me was one gasket to put in the same place

·
Registered
151 Posts
I don't know where you would be getting coolant from? that doesn't make sense. I don't have any coolant lines to my tb. or egr spacer. did you replace the whole manifold.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know where you would be getting coolant from? that doesn't make sense. I don't have any coolant lines to my tb. or egr spacer. did you replace the whole manifold.
no im guessin it coolant thats, whats the guy at advance said it might be im not for sure though but I know something is coming out of the bottom between the TB and other thing Im guessin it the gasket but I was told I didnt need sealent

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
The EGR spacer is the thing between the upper intake manifold and the TB. It has two coolant lines going to it. One in front and one in back. There is a gasket in between the egr spacer and the manifold. So there are two gaskets. If you broke a bolt, you need to replace it. It will never seal with 3 out of 4 bolts.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The EGR spacer is the thing between the upper intake manifold and the TB. It has two coolant lines going to it. One in front and one in back. There is a gasket in between the egr spacer and the manifold. So there are two gaskets. If you broke a bolt, you need to replace it. It will never seal with 3 out of 4 bolts.
Ok so heres the pic cause Im lost
Black lines are what you are talking about the 2 hoses never touched those
green line sperates the TB and the Manifol
Blue line is what I replaced so there should only be that one gasket correct?

if not explain to me where the other is plz thx

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
THe thing the black hoses are going to is the EGR spacer. It is sandwiched between the upper intake and the TB. The bolts go all the way from the intake, through the EGR spacer to the TB. So when you loosened the TB, you also loosened the EGR spacer, so you should replace the gasket on the other side of the EGR as well. Also replace the broken bolt.

Reactions: Till

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THe thing the black hoses are going to is the EGR spacer. It is sandwiched between the upper intake and the TB. The bolts go all the way from the intake, through the EGR spacer to the TB. So when you loosened the TB, you also loosened the EGR spacer, so you should replace the gasket on the other side of the EGR as well. Also replace the broken bolt.

OOOOO ok well one there is no broken bolt and would that other gasket at the EGR make it leak at the TB's gasket? thanks for the help bud

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Possibly or you might need a new TB gasket. You should torque the bolts down to 16 ft/lbs anything more can make it leak just as much as not enough.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Possibly or you might need a new TB gasket. You should torque the bolts down to 16 ft/lbs anything more can make it leak just as much as not enough.
Ok one last question lol thanks for all the help buddy its a brand new Gasket so it should be ok how do I know 16lbs of toqrue?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
yeah, rent a torque wrench from advance if you have to.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
if your rachet or wrench is one foot long then put 16lbs of pressure on it......lol

Reactions: Till

·
Registered
1 Posts
just take that coolant line that runs into the egr spacer between the throttle body and upper intake and by a connector and connect the front and back lines together and it wont leak anymore and it will make your car run cooler as well if any issues there

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just take that coolant line that runs into the egr spacer between the throttle body and upper intake and by a connector and connect the front and back lines together and it wont leak anymore and it will make your car run cooler as well if any issues there

Do what can you explain that to me a little better thanks man,
Can any vouch on this? or show why it wouldnt work?

Dont mean to be offensive just your new and need confirmation on it..

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
This is not correct unless your egr passeges have been blocked. There is coolant there for a reason, exhaust gases are hot, the EGR spacer is filled with hot exhaust gas, the coolant keeps it from getting too hot.

Also, the coolant leaking out suggests the gasket is blow, coolant leaking is a symptom not the problem. Fix the symptom only and the problem is still there and later on when you have a vacuum leak at the EGR spacer you'll have to fix it anyway.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is not correct unless your egr passeges have been blocked. There is coolant there for a reason, exhaust gases are hot, the EGR spacer is filled with hot exhaust gas, the coolant keeps it from getting too hot.

Also, the coolant leaking out suggests the gasket is blow, coolant leaking is a symptom not the problem. Fix the symptom only and the problem is still there and later on when you have a vacuum leak at the EGR spacer you'll have to fix it anyway.

Its cool I fixed it anyway lol I tightened it to 16lbs and let it sit for awhile cause i was afraid to start it and see it leak lol so I went back this morning and started it and she doesnt leak woooo!!!! New thread in 5.0 need help ryan lol thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts