Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i realize this was mentioned in a previous thread. but i have some questions about it. for one will it wear down on your tranny, i have heard some stories of people shifting with that on differnt cars and it hurting thier transmission. ok and second how do you use it i get the ratcheting forward for up one gear and back to go down a gear but when your on it do you need to take your foot off the gas when you shift or no. and then last does anyone on the forum have it and if so what do you think about it?

·
Registered
194 Posts
i realize this was mentioned in a previous thread. but i have some questions about it. for one will it wear down on your tranny, i have heard some stories of people shifting with that on differnt cars and it hurting thier transmission. ok and second how do you use it i get the ratcheting forward for up one gear and back to go down a gear but when your on it do you need to take your foot off the gas when you shift or no. and then last does anyone on the forum have it and if so what do you think about it?
I installed the TCI Street Fighter ratchet shifter about 3 months ago. It works exactly as advertised. I think it was a good investment.

As far as damaging your transmission goes, I don't think there is much to worry about as long as you are not abusive. I think that downshifting seems harder on the transmission than upshifting, but I don't beleive it will damage your transmission.

NO you do not have to let off at all when upshifting especially during spirited accelerating.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright thanks alot and the instalation doesnt seem all that hard. so do you think that should be something i really should look into.

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Im planning on buying one in october. Prob 1st week.

I like it for its height, and functionality because I manualy shift my auto now.

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you like to manually shift your automatic I think it is an excellent modification and money well spent. The price has come down around $100 since it was first out. You can get one direct from TCI for $360.

Here is an interesting video (not me) of a TCI Shifter in action.

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
i had a manual looking shifter on my car.. i wanted to go ratchet but could not find any for auto's when i was looking for one... anyways yeah mine didnt do all that but it looked cool lol... price was kinda iffy but im also tryin to sell it too...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i had a manual looking shifter on my car.. i wanted to go ratchet but could not find any for auto's when i was looking for one... anyways yeah mine didnt do all that but it looked cool lol... price was kinda iffy but im also tryin to sell it too...

i have seen a thread on here and i realize that this is an auto but like how does it work lol. im confused:confused:

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
niceeeee

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
If you like to manually shift your automatic I think it is an excellent modification and money well spent. The price has come down around $100 since it was first out. You can get one direct from TCI for $360.

Here is an interesting video (not me) of a TCI Shifter in action.

YouTube - TCI Mustang Ratchet Shifter
WOW! $339 at Jegs... that is one heck of a good price.
Yea you posted me the link the other day I think, unless i just googled it for some reason. Im set on buying it. Just waiting to finish a side job to pay for it :).

What better way to spend 300 bucks for 1 day of work? New shifter :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea you posted me the link the other day I think, unless i just googled it for some reason. Im set on buying it. Just waiting to finish a side job to pay for it :).

What better way to spend 300 bucks for 1 day of work? New shifter :)
ha im with you as soon as i can get the money im buying it.

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
We should start a ratchet shifter club.

3 co-founders, Me, Dasch, and Casey

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Kool.... I'm in
I am, but not putting up the tag until i get the shifter in lol. If I do this job saturday Ill order it saturday.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im down. when i can get mine lol

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Tell that beautiful girl in your avi to buy you one :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ha yea right. every time i think about buying stuff for my car she tells me im stupid for wasting my money. ( i think she is just mad i spend more money on my car then i do her):D

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Tell her the more you spend the nicer the ride she gets to ride in.

Wow that rhymed. Sing it to her! Techno Viking Style.

**** I blacked out my car, put full cervini kit on it with 18's and girls always yell nice car to me. I get more #'s now then i did when my peepee was 8inches longer.

:shiftyeyes

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
ha yea.i honestly think she could care less she doesnt like cars at all. she gets mad cause my exhaust is too loud. ha. so thats a negative on getting ti from her

1 - 20 of 34 Posts