Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I finally took delivery last Thursday night around 6:30 PM and started the modding Friday morning around 7 am with only 10 miles on the car. I sold my 68 Mustang that I restored a few month ago to buy this car and I can say after a week I have zero buyers remorse.

Just for fun my two previous mustangs. Both are no longer with me.

Mods so far.
MBRP Race catback in black
Steeda aluminum bushing inserts.
Steeda alignment kit.
CJ's lowering springs
Maxim Motorsports caster camber plates
Redline hood struts
DD switch backs and reverse LEDs
Steeda G Track Brace
Steeda sub frame support braces.
Ford Racing Trunk panel
Steeda verticle links
Steeda Toe links
Steeda red diff bushings
Steeda sway bars and billet mounts

Future Mods
Whipple( about 2 years away)

Picking up from the dealer. I asked them not to wash it or anything.

Hood Struts installed

MBRP exhaust installed

Lowered

And finally after a wash and being clay bared. It's going in Friday for a full professional detail and then getting protective coating on the entire car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Damn that's nice!!!! I would have told them the exact same thing! They think they are washing it but they are just adding complementary swirls lol....

·
Registered
920 Posts
Congrats on the pickup man!

You're going to love this S550 and I can't wait to see what you do with her.

If you ever need anything, you know where to find me.

-Will

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I'm pretty stoked about it. Trying to mod it slowly and a little more methodical than the last 2. For now it's going to be focused on handling. Once that's all done I'll look into more power. I've always wanted a turbo car so that will be the long term plan. Which means skipping the long tubes. I ordered it with 3.55 gears and it launches pretty good with the auto and **** tires.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Thanks! I'm pretty stoked about it. Trying to mod it slowly and a little more methodical than the last 2. For now it's going to be focused on handling. Once that's all done I'll look into more power. I've always wanted a turbo car so that will be the long term plan. Which means skipping the long tubes. I ordered it with 3.55 gears and it launches pretty good with the auto and **** tires.
That's definitely a great plan man!

Keep me updated and let me know if you ever need anything!

-Will

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks!

I took this last night. It shows the rake of the cj springs really well. They have about 350 miles on them and have settled in quite a bit.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Damn that's nice!!!! I would have told them the exact same thing! They think they are washing it but they are just adding complementary swirls lol....
No kidding...just tell them to peel the stickers off and leave it alone.

And you need to put my comp orange Mustang back where you found it.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts