Registered
3,214 Posts

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
When it rains it pours right?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Seems to be my luck, between the intake manifold and the brakes. I going to pick up a new DD here soon so that when this is down it's not such an emergency to get it fixed.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Having a daily is the best decision I ever made. He'll I've been doing rust repair on my car slowly for the last couple months so not driving it isn't a big deal.

Now when the daily breaks that's a whole other story.

How are the tail lights currently set up?

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Having a daily is the best decision I ever made. He'll I've been doing rust repair on my car slowly for the last couple months so not driving it isn't a big deal.

Now when the daily breaks that's a whole other story.

How are the tail lights currently set up?

Currently the tail lights only have 1 bulb in them which makes them very dim from a distance. The LED set up would of been better but I had RPM points to burn at Cj's and got these for 1.98!

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Awesome thread! Your car is in awesome shape. One day my old heap will be at that level.

Sucks to hear about the set-backs. The starter wire on mine currently runs through my headers and seeing your wire burnt up makes me want to move it.

I know what you mean about thinking of burning it down or selling. These last few weeks have been miserable to drive in the morning without heat :(

Whats the next big project for the car?

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks,

I don't really have any other big projects left besides body work which I will just pay to get done eventually. I can not put in to words how much I hate body work.

I still need to install the new passenger latch. Then need to get the rest of the tail light parts so that's all new. I want to get subframe connectors welded in this year and add traction bars. This is the set up I'm probably going with.

Gen II Mustang Subframe Connectors

Oh and my damn horn quit working today and my inspection is due this month. I'm pretty sure it's just a fuse but it's cold and I don't want to mess with it lol.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Oh and how the hell are you dealing with no heat? I had no AC for a while but heat is a must. I have the original heater box from my car if you want it. It works still.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Lol it sucks not having heat. I plan to install this set-up for next winter:

Old Air Products - Home of the HURRICANE Heat, Cool, & Defrost A/C System - A/C Unit - Inside Package

My heater is missing all the cables that control it. My heater worked except that it was always on!! So I unplugged the blower and took the heater core lines off to help deal with not having AC lol.

That sucks about your horn, seems to be about how things go tho. I just ordered a new horn that CJs just started carrying. It is made to cover up the 9 holes that mount the wheel to the adapter for a cleaner look.

Mustang Horn Button 9-Bolt Billet Large Tri-Bar | CJ Pony Parts

I'll post up how well it works and what it looks like once I get it in.

I also cannot stand doing body work, mainly because I'm terrible at it lol.

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
That horn button looks good. I'm using the same AC system. I also suck at body work and the thought of sanding for hours just makes me depressed.

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well looks like the circuit breaker for the horn is bad. It's part of the headlight switch do I'll be changing that out since in need to pass inspection this month.

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Well changed out headlight switch. I'm able to dim my dash lights now. But horn still isn't working. Looks like I'll be taking the steering wheel off to investigate

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
At least you can dim your lights now! Thankfully pulling the steering wheel off isn't hard at all. Hopefully its something simple like a wire came unplugged.

I just got my new horn button from CJs. Its looks more chrome then billet though :/

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Ok well don't have much of an update. I still haven't got the brakes stopping as good as I'd like and after changing out the intake I noticed I have a small vacuum leak in the back where it meets the block. Which means it needs to be taken off and resealed.

I am really tired of dealing with these 2 issues and with my son playing soccer and baseball I just don't feeling like doing the work myself. I dropped it off on lunch to have a shop I trust resolve it and be done. Then back to driving the piss out of it. ( which may be the cause of some of the issue) :shiftyeyes.

21 - 40 of 282 Posts