Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MM Addict
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i found out something interesting about my car, okay i recently bought a cobra intake manifold so today i went to put it on and in the process of doing so i found that my stock e7 heads have been ported and ported big lol.. iv always wondered why my car ran faster than my buddies stock fox whenever mines suppose to be too. Anyways what power gains would i see from ported e7s? and can someone give me a HP estimate to the rwhp ?

Mods:
3.55 Ford Racing Gears
Pro 5.0 shifter
flowmaster 40s dumped
ported e7's
cobra intake manifold
stock cam
x-pipe

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
More HP than non ported as long as porting was done correctly. Giving you a number would be silly because no one here knows the extent of the porting or how well it was done. So, if done correctly.... more. Simple as that.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
could also make less power. if the guy didnt know what he was doing

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
All of the above. My car in its early days made 280 rwhp with ported E7s, street heat intake, stock cam, shortie headers, exhaust, cai, 70mm throttle body, 80mm maf. Mine had 1.9 intake valves and 1.6 exhaust and about 40 hrs of porting and flowbench on each head. I know what Im doiing with them tho. Just opening up the hole as big as you can is not porting, keep that in mind. It went a 10.0 on spray.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts