Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
teksid 2v -- dyno sheets added

Well I finally got my car finished put back together. The most nerve racking part was initial start up. If anyone doesnt know i used a 93 Teksid block with 2v heads. Its a beast compared to my previous motor, either that or my 79 bronco i've been driving was a turtle lol. If anyone else is is going to do this swap you'll be pleased. Hopefully get some dyno time end of the month.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
what all did you do to it internally? different heads? cams?

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts
just using that block with stock internals and your 2v heads prolly bumped your compression up a little bit huh?

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Your car will be a little lighter which will make it feel like you added a few more ponies. And I don't think those pistons had a whole lot of dish to them, like 3 or 4 ccs, so your compression ratio was probably bumped significantly. You're probably looking at about 12:1 compression on that baby.

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts
Your car will be a little lighter which will make it feel like you added a few more ponies. And I don't think those pistons had a whole lot of dish to them, like 3 or 4 ccs, so your compression ratio was probably bumped significantly. You're probably looking at about 12:1 compression on that baby.
yea... i was thinking hi ten or elevens i thought i read. but it prolly is closer to that 12:1 cr... that will feel like a completely different car with that! haha

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I kept the block stock but i used a cometic head gasket .06. It sounds crisp. should be around 11.3:1 or 11.5:1 now. Only thing kinda custom is just drilling the water hole in the block. and updating the timing chain dowl pins to the screw in ones. That was really all. Everything bolted up great! All my previous mods bolted in/on.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
called them they said need a week advance to schedule so i'm going to go on the 30th.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Untuned base line hp/tq numbers

Well I got my car a baseline dyno just to see what it looks like right now untuned. I'm scheduled for the 12 May to get a dyno tune but the numbers right now are

287hp
307tq

Its a little lean right now.

at first i was happy about the numbers then i found out they were corrected numbers. I'm at 6500' above sea lvl. I cant get my dyno sheets to load but if anyone wants me to email them so they can load them for me I would be greatfull.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Yea i wouldnt be to upset.. What other bot-ons do you have?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
dyno graphs

There in my garage. I'm posting from my phone

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dyno sheets added to garage/previous post.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
287 to the ground is pretty good, though I don't know your mods. I can say for fact that's more than a stock b-port Cobra puts down, though. (they're more like 260-270 to the tires)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mods
93 mark 8 Teksid short block w/ 2v ported/polished heads
Trickflow UDP
KN intake/filter
75mm plenum/TB
CAM LT headers
VT S/C stg 2 cams
Comp valve springs