Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thats what i thought too. Which is why i'm a little bit un happy w/results but like i said the tune thats in it right now isnt for the current mods. Its for my old engine that broke the valve spring so, the 12th will show what it really has.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Wow, you only made 287 with ported heads, stage two cams, and full bolt ons? I hope that goes up quite a bit when you get tuned...

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Wow, you only made 287 with ported heads, stage two cams, and full bolt ons? I hope that goes up quite a bit when you get tuned...
Yeah I hope so too. I feel jipped.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
dcook how is it taking you this long to bleed brakes and install that prochamber? i would be absolutely dying if i had a full termi swap that close to being done.
Lol, I do all my work back in my hometown. It's about 2 hours away from where I live now so I go back on free weekends. Sometimes my dad does some odds and ends stuff without me there but I'm kinda running this swap and he keeps telling me he's just the bitch of the project. Our family has a whole friggen fleet of vehicles that he has to keep running so he doesn't really have time for my stuff while I'm not there... There's almost 20 vehicles between just my parents and I, plus he works on my sisters' cars all the time too.

If I lived closer to home and knew for sure I wasn't going to have issues with the car, I'd just go home some night after work and finish it and drive it back. But I want to take my time putting the midpipe on, and I want to do some short test drives to make sure everything is good with the new motor. I don't want to get halfway home in Middle-of-Nowhere Iowa at 10:00 at night and have my car break down on me for some reason

Trust me, I am dying without my car. I'm currently driving a teal blue '94 shadow, but on the nice days I drive my '71 demon so that alleviates some of the separation anxiety

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Yeah I hope so too. I feel jipped.
Well if you still aren't happy with the power levels after the dyno tune, you can always make a thread here and we'll try to see why you're not making as much power. When you're at the dyno shop, see if they can tell you what your static and dynamic compression ratios are

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Are those stage 2 blower cams listed in your garage? I thought I read somewhere on here that you were running stock cams. Anyways, I'd be surprised if you don't pick up at least a few hp after a good tune.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
With blower cams, isn't the point that they don't have overlap? What's the actual effect of that on an N/A motor? Wouldn't that kill scavenging, and thus drop your VE and kill some power?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I was told by someone somwhere that it would help w/the high compression. (cams)

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Blower cams aren't as good for N/A power as N/A specific cams for the reasons you stated. I'm sure without much change in centerlines, the added duration and lift would inevitably increase the overlap when compared to a stock cam profile. So in short, they will improve N/A performance just not as much as possible.

BTW: I'm running custom blower cams right now and put down 271rwhp on a Mustang Dyno with stock heads. This is after 8 runs within 2 hours, so I was probably heat soaked a bit. Based on my trap speed I'm probably making closer to 280rwp on a MD

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Blower cams aren't as good for N/A power as N/A specific cams for the reasons you stated. I'm sure without much change in centerlines, the added duration and lift would inevitably increase the overlap when compared to a stock cam profile. So in short, they will improve N/A performance just not as much as possible.

BTW: I'm running custom blower cams right now and put down 271rwhp on a Mustang Dyno with stock heads. This is after 8 runs within 2 hours, so I was probably heat soaked a bit. Based on my trap speed I'm probably making closer to 280rwp on a MD
I appreciate the demoralization lol but yeah i know somethings wrong. I just hope its just the tune. Like i said before the tune is a tune from VMP for my previous setup.

Another thing was when the guy dyno'd it he said the warmer it got the more power it was making

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I wasn't saying something's wrong with your setup. 287rwhp is nothing to be upset about with a set of blower cams and no custom tune. I was just explaining what I have learned to be different between N/A and Blower cams.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Yeah ive been thinking of changing the cams if it doesnt turn out very good. My previous build was going to be for a supercharger but it didnt end up that way.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I'd get it tuned first before you decide to get rid of the cams, especially if you ever have the possibility of a blower in the future. You can still make plenty of power with them. The way you are, you have more than enough power to hit mid 12s N/A

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I'd get it tuned first before you decide to get rid of the cams, especially if you ever have the possibility of a blower in the future. You can still make plenty of power with them. The way you are, you have more than enough power to hit mid 12s N/A
LOL not at 5500' above sea level

I'll be lucky to get high 13's or low 14's

I'm not going to get rid of them just yet. I do plan on running nitrous and someone told me they'll make good power w/nitrous also.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
the 13.3 @ 103 60' of 1.9 was in missouri before i came out here to colorado but it was all my bolt ons minus the aluminum block and ported/polished heads.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Your car with a 75-100 shot with the high compression will be a torque monster! about 500ftlbs and 400hp.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts