Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just got my car paid off.

Now I'm trying to make the decision to cut her loose, and find a 98-01 cobra (cant afford a termy).

Or atleast a 99+ GT with the pi system.

My car has 150k miles, she runs pretty strong n sweet n all. But i'm thinking #'s. Ofcourse I dont want the fastest car ever or anything but i'd like to have something sweet with around 400hp.

I figure to get my 96 GT into that range im lookin around 5-6grand.

However if i sale my car and step into say even a 98 cobra, im already starting at 305hp. Full Exuast and bolt ons would prolly get me close to that 400hp range and hell of alot less money. Ofcourse im dumping myself back into payment

BUT if i keep my 96 i was thinking of getting a small lean on her plus the xtra cash i got saved to do a PI, FULL exuast,gears,short throw. What do you guys think, im mechnically smart but i dont have a garage or the tools to big massive things like pi swaps. (bolt ons sure no problem).

Just wondering what other ppl thought on this subject. If I sale my car I might give it a full detail and throw on a lil 500$ paintjob to make my sale a lil more tasty.

She's already got custom interior, 18inch saleen rims, angel eye headlights, tailights, 5% tint, mustang GT letters in back, pony on back window, mustang GT across front window. Pretty sharp car but i just want some power.

I'm also going to sale my 94 Ninja ZX-9 to give me some more upgrade money. Should net me atleast 4-5k considering its all chromed out with brand new pearl white flake paint job. Could b a blower for the cobra 99+GT.

Tell me what would you guys do. I dont want to make any impulse crap. But I know once i go into my car a little deeper im stuck in it. But I dont want to make any impulse decisions so.. help me out with some suggestions. SO atleast then i can blame it on america :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
she sounds nice,keep her and drop a novi 2000 in it. thatll give you some numbers.

or look at the.....HELLRAISER!. that kit makes me wet... Hellion Power Systems - 03-04 Mustang Cobra

2 turbos+roots supercharger= like 80psi of discusting power.

·
Registered
187 Posts
if you do sell. ill buy your angel eyes:p

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thing is ppl say get a 4v swap like its an intake or something.

I have no garage.

A motor swap on full costs of labors and xtra **** to make it work prolly run you around 10g's.

This is the mustang forums not the corvette forums.

And our cars sale fine if its a nice car.

If i decide to go all the way and stick it out, imma s/c it, full stalker kit, new paint, and get a 1 pce removeable top cut supra style.. i think that would b some ill ass mofo.. however i love the 99+ bodystyle. Not sure what im going to do for sure yet. Might sale the bike, for around 4-5g's , save up 3-4g's then sale my car for 6-7g's, nettin around 10-15g's that should get me a nice new car. But i might just stick it out cuz I REALLY wanna a fully customized car once in my life, that i can just keep forever and take it out on sundays etc.

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
u keep typing sale lol its SELL you dont sale a car you sell a car...ok anyway...i think our cars are worth something if they are kept nice...look at stanglifemikes....i bet he can get 8k for his easily and he has like 150k on it....i would LOOK for a car FIRST...then if you find one you like...sell yours and buy a new one...look for 96-98 cobra with low miles...can be had for 7-10K

·
Registered
187 Posts
i almost sold mine earlier this year for 12k lol. these cars are not that popular here. well gts. alot of girls drive our style v6s round here but theres about 10 96-98 gts and maybe 7 94-95 gts. so with a good condition one,with mods, can net some good cash privatly,but no trade in value.
personally i like our curvy bodys over the cookie cutter look of the 99+
imo from the fox to the s197, the 99+ are the only bodies i dont like.

i say do the targa top.(i think thats what you mean by the supra thing)
it might be pricey for custom work,but it would look killer. or a T top.

·
Registered
187 Posts
definatly would! too bad they dont make glasstops for ours like the 05s. i wish i had a sunroof though.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i can get the one peace removeable top cut in for around 1 grand, something i am deffinatly going to invest in when it gets warmer. Still waiting to get it back from the shop at the moment. I also got a hookup on stock body kits if anyone ever needs anything, this place does all the work for our saleen/cobra ford dealorship with the bodykits n stuff and just trashs the stock stuff.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeh i'll keep an eye out for ya, u will have to cover shippin ofcourse. But i'm going to be hangin around the shop alot so i'll see if i can come across one.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Anyway you could get me the 95 Cobra R hood:D
+1! If you can get a good Price on one lemme know too! Also stock cobra lights or any saleen body stuff? Much appreciated!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts