Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Shave the letters

Votes: 20 95.2%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I know I'm gonna eventually go with the 03/04 cobra rear bumper on my '02 GT.. the thing is I don't know whether I should shave the letters off or have it say COBRA on a GT.. this car should have a KB 2.1 within the next 4 years or so, along with the silver SVT wheels, skirts, and front.. don't know if that makes a difference but I just want opinions please!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the opinion, I agree. i figure if i start this poll early, by the time I get the bumper I'll have made a decision

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Ya, dont have t say COBRA when it's not, even if you have alot of Cobra parts... thats like ricers putting tons of stickers and badges on a car that is just a plain base model.

Plus the smooth/clean look on the rear bumpers, GT or COBRA, looks great

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
You have to shave...

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
i voted leave them, i think it just looks better that way. just make sure that soon youll be able to match or surpass the power of a cobra ;)

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
everyones making me feel like a damn ricer :sorry

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
so one step = + 2 cylinders?
how many steps does a kb amount for?

·
Registered
300 Posts
even though it's not black i gotta say the shaved looks better.. FOBRA lol I like that one too
You don't like your back bumper?

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Also, what you could do....

Get one of the MUSTANG decals, or depending on your car color, the chrome steel ones and put them on the rear bumper.

It would not be fit into the rescesed cutouts like on a GT or V6 bumper, but I think it would look cool to have a shaved Cobra bumper with Mustang lettering in its place.

·
Registered
255 Posts
your not going to even notice a big difference in the cobra bumper if its black. i wouldnt waste the money buying the bumper and getting it shaved. imo

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You don't like your back bumper?
no not really, just don't like the way the center looks

Also, what you could do....

Get one of the MUSTANG decals, or depending on your car color, the chrome steel ones and put them on the rear bumper.

It would not be fit into the rescesed cutouts like on a GT or V6 bumper, but I think it would look cool to have a shaved Cobra bumper with Mustang lettering in its place.
I thought about that.. I have the polished stainless inserts now.. just not sure if it'd look ok

your not going to even notice a big difference in the cobra bumper if its black. i wouldnt waste the money buying the bumper and getting it shaved. imo
I could always shave it myself, and imo there's a noticable difference

---

Thanks for the opinions guys!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts