hahaha nice! what happend to the S/C wine in the last races? :wtf

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
overpowered by the exhaust LOL

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
Okay, first off this isn't some Camaro guy coming in because he's all butt hurt his beloved Z06 got beat. This is just me pointing out a few things.

Number one: What the **** is a "chip"? There is no "chip" for LSX powered vehicles.

Number two: His buddy had to explain to him about the three honk thing and the guys response..."huh?"....this tells me the driver of the Z06 has no idea what was going on. He asked the guy what that whining noise was! What the **** was that all about?!?!

Number three: 512 RWHP from bolt-ons only? That has got to be some sort of record. Even if you consider a pully swap a bolt-on I have never heard of one breaking past 500 RWHP.

Number four: I will admit that the Cobra was the faster car. I'm not some blind nuthanger, douche that is so loyal blah blah blah. But come on, that Cobra put BUSLENGTHS on that Z06. A C5 Z06 with a full exhaust and basic bolt-ons is a high 11 second car easily.

The point I'm trying to make is that a lot of things in this video do not add up.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
^true. you cant ever trust the things in these kind of vids to be completely true. unless u have no common sense.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
ok, i just watched the vid again. the guys that made this vid are trying to **** with people, that cobra doesnt even have the eaton blower. it really really sounds like a whipple or KB. my blower doesnt sound like that. and yeah, that cobra would need more than just bolt ons i believe to pull away from a full exhaust Z like that.

·
4,391 Posts
See that's what I'm sayin'. The camera was obviously in the Vette, but yet the video was full of 'ant-ivette' captions and what not. It just doesn't make sense that the guy who filmed this would edit the video as it appears here. The way that he pulled him I'm guessing either it was a KB (because they are pretty damned loud at WOT compared to a Whipple) or a ported Eaton (which are also loud and can easily make 500+RWHP)

·
4,391 Posts
it could be that some mustang fan found this video and added in the text.
That's kind of what I'm thinking, and they probably bent the truth just a little...not that that ever happens on the internet.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
Okay, first off this isn't some Camaro guy coming in because he's all butt hurt his beloved Z06 got beat. This is just me pointing out a few things.

Number one: What the **** is a "chip"? There is no "chip" for LSX powered vehicles.

Number two: His buddy had to explain to him about the three honk thing and the guys response..."huh?"....this tells me the driver of the Z06 has no idea what was going on. He asked the guy what that whining noise was! What the **** was that all about?!?!

Number three: 512 RWHP from bolt-ons only? That has got to be some sort of record. Even if you consider a pully swap a bolt-on I have never heard of one breaking past 500 RWHP.

Number four: I will admit that the Cobra was the faster car. I'm not some blind nuthanger, douche that is so loyal blah blah blah. But come on, that Cobra put BUSLENGTHS on that Z06. A C5 Z06 with a full exhaust and basic bolt-ons is a high 11 second car easily.

The point I'm trying to make is that a lot of things in this video do not add up.
by chip on the vette, he probably meant tune. i would assume its a intake, catback, tuned C5 Z06 VS. a ported eaton cobra.

a ported eaton is considered a bolt on (as is a whipple, or KB) and can easily make 512/54X that he made. ive seen ported eatons, upper/lower pulley cars with headers make 54X RWHP, and nearly 600RWTQ.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
will, and RK2000, that is definently a ported blower car not doubt about it, the whine from the eaton is very very disctinct. a KB is more of a high pitched scream, and a whipple you wouldnt hear like that.

·
4,391 Posts
by chip on the vette, he probably meant tune. i would assume its a intake, catback, tuned C5 Z06 VS. a ported eaton cobra.

a ported eaton is considered a bolt on (as is a whipple, or KB) and can easily make 512/54X that he made. ive seen ported eatons, upper/lower pulley cars with headers make 54X RWHP, and nearly 600RWTQ.
will, and RK2000, that is definently a ported blower car not doubt about it, the whine from the eaton is very very disctinct. a KB is more of a high pitched scream, and a whipple you wouldnt hear like that.
Yeah, With the advertised HP I was guessing it was a ported blower. They tend to make mid 500 to the rear wheels (and also tend to be accompanied by nitrous). You just confirmed it for me. But the captions in this video make it seem as if the car just has exhaust and intake or some bull ****.

Also, my guess is that by chip they ment tune. Even if the Z06 owner was a total tool he should still have known better.

My guess is that a Mustang owner got ahold of this video and used some creative writing to help prove his point in some useless internet argument.

I just don't want some young impressionable minds coming on here and thinking they can get an intake/exhaust Cobra and start putting buslenghts on a bolt-on/tune Z06.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts

what world do u live in where a KB is considered a bolt on????? lol

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
This is an actual question so don't get mad. How can you tell, besides the typed writing, that it is in fact a z06? I've never seen the inside of the z06 and we never saw the outside.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts